Is my salmon pink birdeater terrarium too big?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
I believe that's a link to a local file on your computer, meaning we can't see it unless we get on your computer ;)

kcuB yrogerG

Arachnopeon
yeeeaah you'd have to actually post the picture. lol
what are the measurements of tank and size of T?

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
oor just listen to the akaward in my tone
don't worry I didn't watch thr whole thing, so just a few questions, what is that lid thing it looks to have hole also I kekd to the fact you copied your files location on your drive, a t can climb glass and escape holes. and to @ someone you do this @Tenebrarius now the vert space is kind of tall and with glass falls happen a lot you dont want a dead T right?
what sub is that? looks like sand or clay based
next space heating works fine I once used a lava lamp nothing bad happened but I dropped it and it broke so I decided to just not be lazy and fix the heater, honestly an LP will grow into it fast anyways. I couldn't see the water dish but whatever. screen lids get Ts feet stuck in. OH and is that tin foil?

kcuB yrogerG

Arachnopeon
@Tenebrarius you disagree that it's too big? Please correct my ignorance if I'm mistaken but the recommended enclosure for T's is 2-3 the size, no? that looks to be 10x(+) the size.

YoungBrokeAndTrying

Arachnopeon
don't worry I didn't watch thr whole thing, so just a few questions, what is that lid thing it looks to have hole also I kekd to the fact you copied your files location on your drive, a t can climb glass and escape holes. and to @ someone you do this @Tenebrarius now the vert space is kind of tall and with glass falls happen a lot you dont want a dead T right?
what sub is that? looks like sand or clay based
next space heating works fine I once used a lava lamp nothing bad happened but I dropped it and it broke so I decided to just not be lazy and fix the heater, honestly an LP will grow into it fast anyways. I couldn't see the water dish but whatever. screen lids get Ts feet stuck in. OH and is that tin foil?
OKAY. first of all yes the lid is screen yes theres a hole in it but its too small for her ass to fit through, my mom stoppe by the house and forced me to put tinfoil surrounding the terrariums for heating purposes. If you had watched the video all the way through you wouldve seen the water dish cuz i showed it at the end of the video. The soil is a wide mixture of sand, potting soil, dirt from the yard, and some spagnum moss, all of it was baked cuz im paranoid af.

YoungBrokeAndTrying

Arachnopeon
OKAY. first of all yes the lid is screen yes theres a hole in it but its too small for her ass to fit through, my mom stoppe by the house and forced me to put tinfoil surrounding the terrariums for heating purposes. If you had watched the video all the way through you wouldve seen the water dish cuz i showed it at the end of the video. The soil is a wide mixture of sand, potting soil, dirt from the yard, and some spagnum moss, all of it was baked cuz im paranoid af.
also im wanting tto add some live plants for asthetic

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
ok I realized i am a professional NEET and have nothing to do. so as I was studying calculus I was thinking this is fun and all but the video was only about 2 minutes long so sure. I saw the water dish you dont need rocks in it they dont drown. cool little lake and all, now direct heat sources are pretty bad for Ts and there are simple solutions for it I think the light I saw was a UV light though for a different animal. and I noticed a crack on the glass, you can patch that up with silicon real easy...or tape if your lazy. now about space you'll read in this next reply
@Tenebrarius you disagree that it's too big? Please correct my ignorance if I'm mistaken but the recommended enclosure for T's is 2-3 the size, no? that looks to be 10x(+) the size.
so it looks like an adult and people often leave their adult LPs in large display tanks like so, it seems healthy and capable. enclosure size is more of a concern with smaller Ts. the biggest space to fear is vertical space. if the T has a hide, accessible water, and eats fine not much problems. the proper equation for enclosure size is {(surface area of floor) - (2((dls)^2)) >= 0} yes you can replace the coefficient 2 with 3 if you want but thats for minimum space.

YoungBrokeAndTrying

Arachnopeon
Yeahhhhhh i figured it ws too big lol but now i've got to deal with finding my geckos a new tank so i can maybe move her to the 20 gal

kcuB yrogerG

Arachnopeon
ok I realized i am a professional NEET and have nothing to do. so as I was studying calculus I was thinking this is fun and all but the video was only about 2 minutes long so sure. I saw the water dish you dont need rocks in it they dont drown. cool little lake and all, now direct heat sources are pretty bad for Ts and there are simple solutions for it I think the light I saw was a UV light though for a different animal. and I noticed a crack on the glass, you can patch that up with silicon real easy...or tape if your lazy. now about space you'll read in this next reply

so it looks like an adult and people often leave their adult LPs in large display tanks like so, it seems healthy and capable. enclosure size is more of a concern with smaller Ts. the biggest space to fear is vertical space. if the T has a hide, accessible water, and eats fine not much problems. the proper equation for enclosure size is {(surface area of floor) - (2((dls)^2)) >= 0} yes you can replace the coefficient 2 with 3 if you want but thats for minimum space.
very well, personal preference I suppose it boils down to with adults.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
so pesticides are more worrisome for the soil but i've seen sand based soil work so ok, pure sand is bad for burrowing, mixtures is kind of a thing thats not important and pure tarantula safe top soil works fine. and with live plants you need to be careful of insecticides. fake foliage is easier I use it for my avic.

YoungBrokeAndTrying

Arachnopeon

Heh yeah, the rocks were more for me cuz i thought they looked nice but i might take them out. Also ou may have seen the light for the fish tank its a GloFish light and a normal bulb so yeah. She has her own lamp and so do my geckos (its just a desk with three enclosuers

YoungBrokeAndTrying

Arachnopeon
so pesticides are more worrisome for the soil but i've seen sand based soil work so ok, pure sand is bad for burrowing, mixtures is kind of a thing thats not important and pure tarantula safe top soil works fine. and with live plants you need to be careful of insecticides. fake foliage is easier I use it for my avic.
We dont use pesticides here because we like to observe the wild life in our yard (although we used 7dust on the porch like five years back) and we dont use weedkillers either because weve got dogs and they just eat grass alot and we dont wanna poision them or smthn so i think the soils are fine (plus im paranoid so we baked them)

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
Heh yeah, the rocks were more for me cuz i thought they looked nice but i might take them out. Also ou may have seen the light for the fish tank its a GloFish light and a normal bulb so yeah. She has her own lamp and so do my geckos (its just a desk with three enclosuers
oh yes the transgenic fish

We dont use pesticides here because we like to observe the wild life in our yard (although we used 7dust on the porch like five years back) and we dont use weedkillers either because weve got dogs and they just eat grass alot and we dont wanna poision them or smthn so i think the soils are fine (plus im paranoid so we baked them)
oh ok well I was just making sure, dont want your T to die good luck.