Is my Emp sick or near death?

scorpionguy77

Arachnopeon
Hey guys. My female Emp started acting lethargic about three days ago, but she was never the most active thing anyway, so it didnt really bother me. But this morning I noticed her tail was kinda "curly q-ed" like a pigs (sorry no pic) and I have researched and read enough on these forums to know that that is a sign of trouble. I have kept an eye on her most of the morning and in the last hour her tail has gone complete limp and lifeless. She drags it behind her and I even touched it with my tongs and it just moved to my whim and she had no reaction. Usually she would've been in instant turn and kill mode when I even grazed her tail. At that point I knew something was up. She IS still alive and moving around the tank, though VERY slowly. She has refused food since I have noticed the behavior initially, but has eaten as recently as a week ago. Her tank mate is behaving normally too, even eating voraciously as ever, so I am almost certain it isn't the tank conditions. I bought her nearly a year ago from Petco, so I have no idea how old she actually was at the time of purchase, but she has been an amazing pet, even giving me a brood of babies to watch, and she is my first scorpion, so naturally she holds a special place in my heart. So, going by what I have said and the photos I have included, can anyone give me any ideas? Sick and will recover? Old and near death? Near death, period? I'd bet my life on the fact she probably has no molts left, so if it is that she is premolting or whatnot, i would be shocked. Also, if she is suffering, what is the best way to end it for her, I don't want her to suffer for sure. Thanks guys, and I hope you can help.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 AM ----------

I should also add that she mated again about two months ago, and if my eye is right, it even looks like there are embryos forming, is this some sort of gravid behavior perhaps?

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
sorry for your loss,but it is Aspen time for her....Wintersport in the freezer I am afraid....

scorpionguy77

Arachnopeon
I put her down myself. I wasnt going to watch her suffer. I am looking to donating her to Korni for his Anatomy papers project as soon as I figure out how to ship her corpse overseas. I want her to go towards something good. RIP Ursala.

SG77