Is my Crab dead?

asword

Arachnopeon
Hi, i am new to this site and was hoping you guys could help me.. I have a small crab here at work , I've had him for a couple of months now. I think he's a vampire crab... he was doing great and his colors were very vibrant and pretty about a week ago. He has been frozen in one spot for a week.. i thought maybe he's molting ? I'm not sure how long it typically takes and I've done lots of research but cant get a straight answer. He and his tank are getting a little nasty and I'm not sure what to do ... Please advise. Thank you in advance for all advice and helpful tips. The first photo ( with the green lighting) is how he normally looks. The second picture ( with the blue) is what he currently looks like. Like i had mentioned, he has been there for a week .. so he is looking a little cloudy & I'm nervous to move him.
1.jpg 2.jpg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Stick your hand in and see if it moves when you get near or touch it is the easiest way to see if its still among the living.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
It has no movement . Its very stiff.
Likely dead that’s certainly not a molt. Your set up is likely the issue here not be the bad news bear. What species was this sold as?

MrPole

Arachnopeon
If I am not mistaken don't vampire crabs spend the majority of their time on land? Just from the one picture that looks like it's primarily a water set-up.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
If I am not mistaken don't vampire crabs spend the majority of their time on land? Just from the one picture that looks like it's primarily a water set-up.
yeah 👍!
Took a few minutes to find this

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
yeah 👍!
Took a few minutes to find this
yes they do primarily live on land. Geosesarma vivariums should be about 70/30 land to water ration. Can read on my website for them I am working on little by little about proper set ups here: