Is my B. jacksoni abnormally fat?

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I redid my B. jacksoni tank today (5...2 males, 3 females iirc) and verified what I had noticed early last week... a couple of them were quite plump.

this is the largest one, two others are slightly smaller, and the other two seem normal size, if not a lil small but they're not quite full grown yet (5th instar maybe 6th). The males are more slender correct, so I'm assuming that's what the two smaller ones are.

it's almost as wide as a penny...not as large as a whale, yet.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There might be a molt approaching. Mine really blimped out like that before they molted.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
good to know, the thought had crossed my mind...just wasn't sure if I was overfeeding them or not lol

buthidae46290

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
can b. jacksoni babies be kept communally if theres enough food and such??? mine just popped and i just wanted to know if i can be lazy or am i gonna have to sepparate them... :?

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeh they can,
but there is always the risk of cannibalism,
for example if one scorpion moults just at the point where another post moult scorpion gets hungry- cannibalism

so good luck!

buthidae46290

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
how often do they molt? they are 2nd instar as of like 2 days ago, how long before i should expect them to molt (its my first time raising baby scorps and i dont wanna mess it up) also...right now there are about 25 in a 1' long by 6" wide by 6"high rubbermaid container.