Is my A. Seemani in premolt?

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
So for the past week my A. Seemani has covered her hide with substrate and has been hiding out ever since. There still is a burrow entrance from the hide to the front of the enclosure. Is this her in premolt? I haven't fed her since she covered the hide. 20170918_083504.jpg

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
Sooo then its most likely in premolt. Will it eventually move the dirt blocking the hide when its done molting?

Krystal Anne

Arachnosquire
I'm on the same exact boat, lol. My A. seemanni dug a deep burrow and completely blocked the entrance with substrate. No other entrances either, so he basically buried himself. He's been this way for a week now.

They will eventually dig themselves out when they want, so nothing to worry about. If yours is in pre-molt, then I would say she'll dig herself out a week or two after molting and hardening, maybe longer.

I also heard that tarantulas do this all the time, even when not in pre-molt, and can stay buried in their burrows for weeks, just because. It should be fine :)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
So for the past week my A. Seemani has covered her hide with substrate and has been hiding out ever since. There still is a burrow entrance from the hide to the front of the enclosure. Is this her in premolt? I haven't fed her since she covered the hide. View attachment 252390
Probably.

Even if it's not molting sometimes they do that.

As long as the Abdomen is plump and it has water then no need to worry.

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
I'm on the same exact boat, lol. My A. seemanni dug a deep burrow and completely blocked the entrance with substrate. No other entrances either, so he basically buried himself. He's been this way for a week now.

They will eventually dig themselves out when they want, so nothing to worry about. If yours is in pre-molt, then I would say she'll dig herself out a week or two after molting and hardening, maybe longer.

I also heard that tarantulas do this all the time, even when not in pre-molt, and can stay buried in their burrows for weeks, just because. It should be fine :)
Ya I fed it every other day for a week prior to it burying the hide. It has a full water dish so I'm not going to worry about it. Thanks for the input!