Is mold bad for my t? What type of mold is this!?

vmig95

Arachnopeon
I have mold growing on the log. This same type is in small patches in my ither tank too. Is mold bad for ts? Can i just wipe it off? Should i cut the piece off? What type of mold even is it!?

Attachments

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Meh, I'd leave it. Maybe change the hide. I don't like those half logs in particular. They tend to mold alot.

cold blood

Staff member
inconsequential....I only react if I see that think white stuff start to completely block or fill the hide....what you have will run its course and eventually disappear...in all likelihood.

jaycied

Arachnoknight
Not a fan of the wood hides. They mold almost no matter what. As far as mold goes, most substrate (especially for moist sp) molds when it is new. I use a mix of cocofiber, but when I was new I used only cocofiber, and whenever I used stuff from a newly hydrated block it would mold and eventually resolve itself. I haven't had any issues with Ts being affected by run of the mill green mold.

vmig95

Arachnopeon
Not a fan of the wood hides. They mold almost no matter what. As far as mold goes, most substrate (especially for moist sp) molds when it is new. I use a mix of cocofiber, but when I was new I used only cocofiber, and whenever I used stuff from a newly hydrated block it would mold and eventually resolve itself. I haven't had any issues with Ts being affected by run of the mill green mold.
Thabks everyone!! Just making sure!!