Is it just me or is A.Crasscaudia green?

Is A.Crasscaudia dark green or just black?

• Total voters

Redjunior

Arachnoknight
I love looking at my Crasscaudia. But, this fatty looks to be green under led light. Or even in a bright room. A dark green, blackish green. Maybe my eyes are off, but he looks green to me! Anyone else ever notice this? Maybe my Crasscaudia is a mutant. Lol!

Hard to get a pic, hes always burrowed. Such a fatty.. good lord. 20191005_131710.jpg

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I am sorry I don't see green at all. The species is described as brown to reddish-brown to black. Never heard of one described as green. The one I had years ago was reddish-brown. But there are instances in some scorpion species where lighter morphs (or darker morphs) may be discovered.

Nice looking specimen btw!

Last edited:

FrankiePinchinatti

Arachnoknight
Well as I'm sure you know, scorpions fluoresce greenish under ultraviolet light. If you are looking at them under a full spectrum light, depending on the bulb type you might be getting a tiny spillover from visible into ultraviolet (they sometimes add light from the blue/violet side of the spectrum to give a more natural sunlight color, ie. cool vs. warm white). If that's the case then you'll be seeing a mixture of their natural black and the fluorescing green. I have a white LED flashlight that does this, the scorpions have an almost iridescent greenish tint to them.