Is it dead?

Marilyn

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi people, just wanting to know how to tell if a scorpion is Molting, or dead?
I have a pandinus imperator,

any help would be good, done a search, but got no propper resaults..

thanks..

-Marilyn

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
leave it for 1 day, if it smells after, its dead, if its moving after, then it has moulted ;)

if its adult, it wont be moulting ;(

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
When scorpions die, most of the time they are in the following position: the claws in front of the mouthparts and the tail is totally stretched out. If they are molting they are not in this position.

Potato

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When scorpions die, most of the time they are in the following position: the claws in front of the mouthparts and the tail is totally stretched out. If they are molting they are not in this position.
Hmmm, my scorpions get into a similar position quite often. One time, my scorp was eating a cricket and streched its tail so much that it even bent the other way a little bit. Is that a sign that it is weak/dying?

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmm, my scorpions get into a similar position quite often. One time, my scorp was eating a cricket and streched its tail so much that it even bent the other way a little bit. Is that a sign that it is weak/dying?
your scorpion is probably just pooping.

Gilbz

Arachnopeon
oooh at least 1.2metres{D

It was (from face to end of tail, is that how you measure them?) around 8 inches.
She died shortly after giving birth to 1 scorpling who died as well.
2 week later my other female gave birth to 11 and she is just as big!:clap:

thisgal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
oooh at least 1.2metres{D

It was (from face to end of tail, is that how you measure them?) around 8 inches.
She died shortly after giving birth to 1 scorpling who died as well.
2 week later my other female gave birth to 11 and she is just as big!:clap:
Nice housefly. Was that your idea? :D

Gilbz

Arachnopeon
lol

That wasn't intentional!
I couldn't bring myself around to burrying her but in the end I had too because she started smelling! Hence the fly smelt her and came to land just as I took the photo!:?

I only knew it was there when I saw it on the PC, If I had known I would've caught it and fed it to the Matids I have!:) ;)