Is it dead?

Juno Choi

Arachnosquire
My LP sling is molting in a upright position right now, which I don't really care about but when a T molts, they show movements on the legs which indicates that the tarantula is trying to push it's old carapace off. I don't see a single movement in my LP sling though, it's not in a death curl or anything. Do all Ts, even slings go in a death curl when they are about to die? Sorry if I sound stupid right now

Spiderkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sometimes they stop for a moment to rest in the middle of the molt- after all, its a pretty exhausting process. Sometimes T's get caught in a molt, and this often results in death( I think this is common among large Theraphosas). How long has the molt been going on for? Good luck, and keep us updated.

Juno Choi

Arachnosquire
Sometimes they stop for a moment to rest in the middle of the molt- after all, its a pretty exhausting process. How long has the molt been going on for? Good luck, and keep us updated.
Well, I came back from school like maybe 30 ish minutes ago and it was in that position for that whole time.

Spiderkid

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The longest it has taken my L.P. sling to molt was about an hour, so hang in there. Maybe a more experienced person could chime in...

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
I have T's molt in the upright position in fact posted a video of it here not to long ago and general they will stop for a sec as they are molting. kind of like catching their breath so just be patient I am sure he will be fine.

Juno Choi

Arachnosquire
I have T's molt in the upright position in fact posted a video of it here not to long ago and general they will stop for a sec as they are molting. kind of like catching their breath so just be patient I am sure he will be fine.
It molted! But she/he is about to fall down her burrow it made when it was smaller :eek:

jakykong

Arachnobaron
Well, it's a bit late now, but my LP molted last night as well. It took her about 6 hours to molt (give or take; when I fell asleep she'd just flipped over, she wasn't done when I woke up, but she was done before I left for class.), from flip to start stretching. She's was about 6" before the molt, so if it helps any, it's not out of the realm of possibility to take a few hours. :)

Juno Choi

Arachnosquire
Well, it's a bit late now, but my LP molted last night as well. It took her about 6 hours to molt (give or take; when I fell asleep she'd just flipped over, she wasn't done when I woke up, but she was done before I left for class.), from flip to start stretching. She's was about 6" before the molt, so if it helps any, it's not out of the realm of possibility to take a few hours. :)
Luckily the sling managed to avoid the burrow/hole and now I'd say it's like 3/4" :)