1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Brachypelma Kahlenbergi the same as Brachypelma verdezi

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Jmanbeing93, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Jmanbeing93

Jmanbeing93 Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    I was wondering if B.Verdezi and B.Kahlenbergi were the same species with the former being the old name and the latter being the current name. I can't hardly find any information on Brachypelma Kahlenbergi, it is the strangest thing.

2. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnoangel Active Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jmanbeing93

Jmanbeing93 Arachnosquire Active Member

@sdsnybny .

Would you by any chance have some pictures of adult Brachypelma Kahlenbergi? If not, I will Google it.

Is their setup the same as any other members of Brachypelma?

4. KezyGLA

KezyGLA Arachnoprince Active Member

Two seperate species. From different localities.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sdsnybny

sdsnybny Arachnoangel Active Member

Nope, one of the Brachy's I haven't owned.

6. johnny quango

johnny quango Arachnoknight Active Member

@Jmanbeing93 they are different species but their set ups should be the same as they both come from arid semi - desert areas.
    I own one of each my verdezi is an mature male that I've raised from a sling whereas my kahlenbergi is a 1.5" sling that's not quite showing full adult colours yet.

They're really easy to tell apart as verdezi have a gold/copper carapace, black legs and the same orange setae as hobby B albo.
    B kahlenbergi have generally got a sort of light beige carapace , brown legs and deep red setae hairs. Ime kahlenbergi can look sort of blueish under certain light.

• Informative Informative x 1