Is a Scolopendra alternans suitable for a vivarium?

Condog4

Arachnopeon
I would like to know if this specimen is suitable for a vivarium. I would also like to know a bit more tips specific to this species of centipede.

Thanks

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I would like to know if this specimen is suitable for a vivarium. I would also like to know a bit more tips specific to this species of centipede.

Thanks
I'm not an expert, I'll let others chime in, but they are best known for burrowing and being out less than others. They are also very long-lived, and do get quite large. Not a typical vivarium display animal for sure. And they would likely blend into whatever sub you are using colour-wise until they get near adulthood.

Condog4

Arachnopeon
I'm not an expert, I'll let others chime in, but they are best known for burrowing and being out less than others. They are also very long-lived, and do get quite large. Not a typical vivarium display animal for sure. And they would likely blend into whatever sub you are using colour-wise until they get near adulthood.
What centipede would you recommend for a vivarium?

NYAN

Arachnoking
What centipede would you recommend for a vivarium?
It depends on the type of vivarium. If you are keeping it more tropical, then you obviously shouldn’t put a desert or drier pede in there. Honestly, I think a pede isn’t the best animal for a vivarium, since you won’t see it all that often in most cases.

Thanks

Apparently, scolopendra alternans prefers a slightly drier environment than other tropical Pedes. As with all Pedes, an escape proof enclosure is important. Provide hides and deep substrate as well.