Iomachus politus

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was feeling a little down the other day so I decided to cheer myself up by adding to my scorp collection (always does the trick!)
My local pet store have had some microscopic Iomachus for nearly 8 months now. They were about 5mm long and were ridiculously priced at £20 (about $32 US). I wasn't really prepared to pay such money but months have passed and scorps are very hard to come by in the UK so I decided to take the plunge (into my rather tight pockets) and buy it. When he opened the tub I was astounded! The thing must have molted twice because it had trebbled in size. I would just like to know if anyone else here keeps this species and if they can tell me what the average mature size is. It appears to be female but it is still far to young to get a 100% certain ID. It moves differently to all my other scorps. Scuttling sideways like a crab in rapid jerky movements. £20 well spent I think :) .

SpiderFood

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a couple of these guys and they really appreciate humidity. Not soaking wet, but higher humidity is needed. If I am not mistaken these come from Tanzania in Africa. So that part of the country is pretty humid and warm. I would keep them like an emperor maybe even a little more humid. That is my experience with them.

Later

Dale

Richard_uk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yeah, thats the setup I have. Although I have given it tighter spaces to hide in since it is related to the flat rock scorpions and has a very similar body design. I'm just interested in finding oput how big an adult is really.I have never seen this species before.