Invertebrate Medicine

JayzunBoget

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have a copy in my posession...

...but it belongs to the pet store that I work at. The author came to the pet store that I work at and gave a presetation to other vets and vet students from MSU in our "Live Exploration Classroom". As a thank you, he gave us a signed copy. I have been borrowing it and referring to it for possible treatments for my T. blondis fungal problem.
It's a pretty intense book, basically like a veterinary text book. It travels all across the full array of invertebrates, tho' , so it doesn't have extensive information for all aspects of it.
The spider section deals almost exclusively with tarantulas but is only 26 pages long. It does have the best anatomical diagram I have ever seen for tarantulas, but it still is not complete. I have NEVER seen one that was. It also has quite a few good recommendations on medical treatment as well as anesthesia and euthenasia.
It also has a very short section on insects and one on scorpions.
The sections of the book that I read ranged from very good to friggin' amazing, but that composed so little of that book.
I am sooo glad that I have gotten to read this book, but unless I was a vet student, I would not buy it.

Annie3Ponies

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thanks for posting this. I am a vet, so I can buy it tax-deductible, and I think I will!

silieputty

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have this book. It is very interesting and has a lot of information. However, I have yet to see an invertebrate patient (and I'm an exotics vet). I do have 8 Ts myself, but they've (luckily) had no health issues so far.

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
that's very interesting. I'm glad google lets you preview pages of the book

note to self: invest in said book!