Introduction of mature male to female (pics)

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Decided to let these two meet. She wasn't receptive, but I didn't get a pic of that, my camera man wasn't fast enough! LOL

Jakob

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You're lucky...every time my females haven't been receptive they were usually trying to eat the males...so be careful!

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You're lucky...every time my females haven't been receptive they were usually trying to eat the males...so be careful!
It was pretty nerve-racking to say the least. I was right above them, ready to separate them though. A few days prior I moved her into a twenty gallon tank with minimal decoration, so I'd have plenty of 'elbow-room', and he would have space get the heck out of Dodge!

aluras

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this has been happening with my G.aureostriata, She is VERY angry, and always tries to eat him....but the curlys get busy

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thats a nice big girl you have there. Has she shown any signs of molting yet ?

AudreyElizabeth

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The male ain't bad either ;) . Nothing much has changed. She sure has been busy with her burrow though, three separate entrances! I'm hoping to see her flipped over soon. All I can do is wait, and keep the water dish full. She HAS to be close, it has been a long time since her last molt. I'm hoping she was nasty to her man because she is in premolt. Sort of a tarantula PMS. {D