Introduce Yourself

Coralyn

Arachnopeon
Hello To One And All!!!!!!!!!

Hi to all my name is Coralyn, ive kept tarantulas, for 19 years.........and im only 26!!! yep i got my first tarantula when i was 7 years old....ahhhhhh{D which was a chili rose bless her, ive kept lots of different species over the years, i love spiders...........and scorpions.........my star sign is ...yep you got it scorpio....prehaps thats why i have such a fetish for them!!! lol ;P i have them tattooed on me i keep them .....what more could a girl need??!!

I have 2 kids who incidently also like my collection, and i live in ESSEX UK
my fella wernt to keen on the spiders at first ....but i told him ....like it or lump it !!! ;P im sure im gonna love exchaning info with you guys and feel free to message me ......im interesting to talk to ya know ........well so ive been told {D
hope ta chat soon!
take care love
coral :}

DFW Tfan

Arachnopeon
Hello All

I am Larry, AKA DFW Tfan. I am a 30 year paramedic and 23 year RN, teaching Health Science Technology in the Ft. Worth School District.

I am new to the tarantula scene, having acquired Libby, a G. rosea, this past September. I am a member of the DFW Tarantula and Arachnid (TAG) group.

I have noticed that T hobbyists are some of the friendliest and helpful people on the internet. I am glad to be part of this group.

tattoo_rebel

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone,

My name is John and I'm from Atlanta, GA. I'm a snake lover but starting to get interested in tarantulas as well. I was refered to this website by one of my best friends krig and what can i say? i really thought the idea of joining an internet forum was kinda lame but decided to try it anyway and i must say i'm impressed this is nothing like i thought, this website is tight:clap: and so far i'm liking it a lot. A bit about me, my life is ink I own a tattoo parlor in downtown I have a 3 year old daughter named victoria which i adore and i'm into hip hop, industrial and some metal music. I hope to learn a lot from you guys, later ;P

rice_smuggler

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I think I've lurked long enough so here I am:clap: My name's Chris and I'm from Toronto. I own 1 scorp for now, a Hadrurus arizonensis who's got an attitude to boot! This board has such a wealth of information I'm sure every question I have will be here somewhere or if not can be answered by one of the resident experts. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's collection so please share:)

the_frog_kid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey all

hey my name is sean and i live in toronto
i keep roaches and phasmids mainly now
i do still have my giant cane toad hahaha
never gettin rid of her (Aphrodite)
i also have some pac man frogs
and a smokey jungle frog
i have 20 species of roaches breeding and im proud of that
i have stick insects and am looking for more if any of you have them i have eggs to trade
i keep pharnacia contori Medauroidea extradentata aretaon assperimus and Sipyloidea sipylus for now
i have a wish list of fairly common species a mile long:razz:
amyone can ask me for it via email
anyways thats about it for now
i have been reading this forum for a long time and this is my first post

thanx froggy

starmaiden

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi I'm Starmaiden and my brother, Skypainter, is going to send me my first tarantula as soon as she molts. She's a Green Bottle Blue and he recommended this site for me to find more info about keeping her healthy and happy! I originally got interested in Ts from watching him work with them. I would like to eventually get an H. lividum (cobalt blue), but from what I've read about the species, I should probably work up to them first! :rolleyes:

I also keep 30 hermit crabs (the correct way) of three different species in a 40B, 30B, and 2 20L tanks as well as two cats and a dog.

Crested Lady

Arachnopeon
Hello,

My name is Sarah Milroy. I'm 23 and I live in Colorado with about a zillion geckos and 2 tarantulas.

Suprisingly enough, I have severe arachnophobia... but tarantulas just don't bother me as much as the other "creepy crawlies". (They're furry... so they can't be THAT bad. Lol. :}) I've always been fascinated by tarantulas, and was just recently able to convince the spouse to let me get one. Once he agreed to one, what was one more? I currently have one B. albopilosum and one A. versicolor... and plan on picking up a few others as well. Nice to meet everyone!

PetteriP

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hello

I'm Petteri from Finland. I have lived in the States in the late eighties early nineties, but now resident in Hämeenlinna in the south of Finland. We have 44 tarantulas and more to come. I also sell approx. 50 T's a year.

Feel free to ask anything....

Greetings from beautiful Finland

floyddog

Arachnopeon
I'm a bit of a fraud really...

Hi
My real name is Andrea. The closest i get to owning an invert is living in the bush in New Zealand and regularly ctaching WETAS with my son. There are strict rules in NZ about the types of pets you can have here, so i have stuck to the basic dog, cat, composting worms and 2 pres schoolers.
I have really enjoyed this site so far ( although I am a bit computer thick and so it took me about half an hour just to post this!!!)
I have enjoyed reading the debate on aspivenins ...why because |I have just become the sole importer and distributor in New Zealand...well I wont go on about them as I have placed an ad in the "for sale" forum.
As You can see i don't mind a chat ( especially about myself) so will leave it up to you to post whatever reply you see fit to the fraud with the ulterior moptive!!:?

floyddog

Arachnopeon
Hi
My real name is Andrea. The closest i get to owning an invert is living in the bush in New Zealand and regularly ctaching WETAS with my son. There are strict rules in NZ about the types of pets you can have here, so i have stuck to the basic dog, cat, composting worms and 2 pres schoolers.
I have really enjoyed this site so far ( although I am a bit computer thick and so it took me about half an hour just to post this!!!)
I have enjoyed reading the debate on aspivenins ...why because |I have just become the sole importer and distributor in New Zealand...well I wont go on about them as I have placed an ad in the "for sale" forum.
As You can see i don't mind a chat ( especially about myself) so will leave it up to you to post whatever reply you see fit to the fraud with the ulterior motive!!:?[/

mwsfan

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello, I am a 30 year old married guy from Tampa. My wife and I just got a Chilean Rose a couple weeks back. I came across this board so I thought I would say hi.

Brad

arachnomad

Arachnopeon
Just Hi !

Hi ! My name is Bill. I just wanted to say "this site is pretty cool". I live in Ohio.I have 4 T's and it is great reading about all of your experiences.I have never gone on a web site for my T's, and now that I have I will probobly never stop.Hope to chatt and learn with you all. Later

Butterflyhornet

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Butterflyhornet (not really, but that's what you can call me, or Butterfly for short) I live in Wisconsin, which should give you an idea about what is available and what is not in our area. I'm a terrible typist and speller. I type faster than my hands allow, so if I make typos, please be gentle on me. I try to edit often as I see my mistakes.

I've been crazy about insects since I was a small kid and would try to keep them alive in jars. My obsession is in insects. Other obsessions are keeping houseplants, photographgy (with a crappy digital camera), art, and my cat.

I keep insects as a hobby. Right now as it is nearing winter, I don't have any invertibrates (other than fungus gnats etc flying around my houseplants)

In the summer I try to raise monarch and black swallowtail larvae.

Another hobby I have is keeping ant queens. I've found carperter ants entertaining. When they are shocked, they tap their bodies against whatever they stand on to make a knocking sound and they are big enough to watch.

I fail misrabily at keeping them alive over the winter. I'm hoping on this forum I can gain better knowledge about keeping insects alive and also what pet insects I can have in my area.

I'm looking into praying mantids. I really want to see one again. I've only seen one in my life and that was in someone elses container. A kid had it for like a show and tell thing on the school bus.

My guess is Wisconsin is too far north of their range to find them in the wild.

Last edited:

MelloJC

Arachnopeon
Hello,
My real name is Jewell. Just got a tarantula for my son, because, he was doing so well on taking care of the cat spiders outside. he did want a cat but , talked him into geting a tarantula. I'm not sure on the correct name for it, but i do know it is a red copperbelly. I've been trying to find the correct name so I can get more info on it. We do plan to get more tarantulas. My other boys want tarantulas now that they have seen the differant ones on the internet. Even the old man wants to get one. LOL. I am not found of spiders but, i do have to say I like tarantula and are cat spiders that come around every year. Well, I hope someone can tell me if i got a good tarantula for my boy. Want to say thank you for any advice that is given.
MelloJC

anthony k

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I'm Anthony. It's realy great to find such a good site with so many people with a shared interest.

I live in Northants, UK working in a QA lab and had to sell most of my T collection when I went to University a few years ago to do a Biology degree.

I kept a couple of my favourites and am now in a position where I can start getting some newbies. My main interest lies with old world T's but I'm also beginning to develop quite a liking for pede's.

Keep up the good work,

ant ;) .

docevazan

Arachnopeon
Hi

I guess after lurking for a year, it might finally be time to say hello. I'm a 24 year old computer technician living in upstate New York, my hobbies are pretty much keeping T's, amateur mycology and botany. Not much else to say really!

raywells

Arachnopeon
new guy

hi all
my name is ray wells from middle Tenn expecting my frist scorpion (BE) today.just getting my enclosure setup an ready for him.hope not to ask any stupid questions.looking foward to learn more about these neat creatures.in my area we do have a small brown scorpion's