Introduce Yourself

Splintercell

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Greetings from Belgium

Hello everyone,

My name is Tom. I am 27 years old and live in Belgium.
I collect latrodectus (widow) spiders.
I have Latrodectus Pallidus, L. Hasselti and L. Mactans.
I hope to get (and give) some usefull information about these and other spiders.
I have alreaddy read some interesting things
on this website and hope to get more of that.
And hey, I also hope to finde some new friends out there of course.

Glad to join the arachnoboards family ;-)

Kind regards, Tom.

Last edited:

dehaani

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hiya folks,

My name is Billy, I'm 28 and I live in central Scotland.

I've kept snakes and scorpions in the (distant) past. I have just bought two Exo Terra vivaria for a centipede and a couple of scorpions; TBA!

Everyone is telling me they're not coming near my house because of my insistance on keeping bugs. I suppose it's going to be really tricky finding a girlfriend now!!

Within the next week or so, I'll have some stuff to talk about. I'll undoubtedly have a lot of questions to ask too!

:}

Remi

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
introduce myself

Hey i'm chris.
I have two scorpions at the moment.
A fullgrown male emperor. 'special patrol'
and a younger flat rock named 'bacon sandwich' third instar i think

CaptMonkey

Arachnopeon
Intro

Hey everybody! I'm a new poster but I've been lurking here for a while. I have to say a BIG thanks to everyone here for all of the information. I stumbled across this board a while ago when I was thinking about getting a T and it quickly became my #1 place for tarantula info.

A few weeks ago, I got my first T, an A. seemanni. He (at least I think it's a he, I'll post pictures later so everyone else can verify that for me) was the only non-Chilean Rose that I could find around here. He seems like a pretty good little guy, no problems so far. I've yet to hold him (not sure if I ever will or not), but he's yet to show any signs of aggression towards me, even when I needed to scoot him into a container for a bit while I added more substrate so he could burrow. He did eventually dig a burrow, which he spends some time in but hasn't become a "pet hole" yet.

You guys will probably see me post some stuff around eventually, so catch you all later.

jimmyx36

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy,

I'm James and I have Zero tarantulas. I came across this site while getting info and I honestly can say its the best forum I've seen yet. Very organized, recourseful, and useful.

- James

VPTGrimm

Arachnopeon
I'm new!

Hi all , my name is Leslie and last sunday I brought home a versicolor pink toe (Grimm) and my brother brought home a giant white knee (Boogado). Neither one of us have experience with Ts even though I've been doing a lot of research I have many questions. They are both very small. Grimm is less then two inches. I've been misting his container and feeding him. Hes been eating but how will I know if something is wrong? I can't tell whats going on, hes spending more time on the bottom instead of the top and moving erratically. Hes webbing now at the top. But hes not climbing. I'd appreciate any advise. Thanks!

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
new guy

new here but not to tarantulas. i currently have.slings..75inch usambra baboon,1''king baboon..75'' b emilie on order,1.75''usambra on order,1.25cobalt orderand and b.vegans on order.i have a 1,75''b.smithi,2xb.bohemi2'',3.25'',b.klaasi2'',b.subulosum2'' seemini4''2xemp scorps and 2 asian forrest scorps. my first tarantula was sold to me as a tx brown i had to give him away,cause i was going to ship out to iraq,instead i got sick and had a heart transplant instead oh well i guess 1 tour in iraq was enough for me. i caint wait for my new t's 2 get in.when i was younger i kept small wolf spiders for a few days and let them go. ive had reptiles in the past. but i am now strictly tarantulas,scorpion kind guy.ill try posting some pics,laters can not post pic's something about too big?

dragonvet

Arachnopeon
hentzi

some pics of my a.henzi that i use to have.ill try posting my pics of the ones i have currently later

Last edited:

CHELICERES

Arachnopeon
hello has all, I am French and I have mygales since 1 years
I count on you to guide itself with the mieu with these charming animals
charmed D being with you, A soon
excuse my English bus C is a translator who m helps ++

afterglow

Arachnopeon
Quick introduction

Hello everyone, i'v been lurking for quite some time so I figured i'd say hello, I am Jen, I have been into inverts for going on 7 years now : ) I look forward to meeting you all and reading some awesome threads.

Zarathustra

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy, yall.

Hello,

I was interested only in invertebrates when I was very young, but then diverted my attention to reptiles, mainly snakes, for the last twenty years. I still love my snakes, but I am going to expand my horizons and get into invertebrates once again. This seems like the right place to start. Lots of experienced people here it seems.

Thanks for reading.

Zarathustra

demode

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Howdy, I'm Dennis from Sweden. Been into Arachnids and wildlife since I was a kid. That interest + interest in forumtrolling has inadvert..something :? brought me here. :clap:

KOLEKTOER

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! I´m breeder from Czech republic. Most of my collection are spiders from Theraphosidae family.

spiders:
Acanthoscurria juruenicola
Avicularia metallica
Avicularia versicolor
Ceratogyrus bechuanicus
Ceratogyrus sanderi
Chilobrachys fimbriatus
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Cyclosternum schmardae
Euathlus vulpinus
Eucratoscelus pachypus
Grammostola actaeon
Grammostola aureostriata
Grammostola pulchra
Grammostola rosea
Haplopelma schmidti
Iridopelma hirsutum
Megaphobema robustum
Poecilotheria miranda
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus reduncus
Pterinochilus sp. Usambara

scorpions:
Pandinus imperator
Lychas mucronatus

grnlfr

Arachnopeon
my addiction

Hey my name is Brett and I'm here looking for new info,pics, and T's for sale. It all started with a rose hair, I was only gonna have one now I can't stop. In a matter of 2 months it's turned into the following: pinktoe, zebra, chaco, usumbara, redknee, suntiger, and king baboon.

RussyB

Arachnopeon
hi i'm russ, i'm from oxfordshire in the uk, i have a 7 year old female gopher snake and a 3 year old female ball python.

Radek

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name's Radek, I'm from Poland - my english isn't wery well, but I thing that we can talk together and we will understand each other :)

Spyral

Arachnopeon
Hello!

I live in Phoenix, Arizona and my boyfriend and I stumbled into the hobby of keeping scorpions because our apartment seems to be a mecca for local bark scorpions (Centruroides exilicauda). Before deciding to start keeping them about 2 weeks ago, we've captured and released about 30 of these little dudes over the last 2 years.

My boyfriend's been stung once when they were on his pants. :eek: I've managed to avoid that honor by sheer luck and a highly developed neurosis of checking floors, walls, ceilings for these and other critters. We started keeping them when I actually touched one when it came out of a cardboard soap box that had been out on the bathroom counter. I guess I felt a special connection to that one. :D

Since then we've been collecting them all and sticking them in a 10 gallon tank; there's about 25 of them in there now, with some others (mostly tiny babies) in tupperware. We also caught a desert hairy (Hadrurus arizonensis) out in the desert near us, and are on the lookout for more.

I love watching these creatures, and am looking forward to learning more about them and other critters on these boards. {D

Kinume

Arachnopeon
Hi

Hi All..

I'm from Vancouver BC and just received my first T today. My mother dropped it off because she barters stuff and someone just randomly gave it to her.. for free. She naturally thought I needed it..

Of course, whomever had it last has obviously neglected to clean the tank and someone dumped about 5 crickets into the darned thing.

I frankly don't know what I'm getting into but I WILL pick up stuff tomorrow to clean the darn thing.

I'm thinking to perhaps wait a week to let myself and 'Willamena' become accustomed to each other.

I think we're both kind of freaked out right now..

Evangelion

Arachnopeon
Greetings from Austria!

Hey Guys!
I just registered and now i'd like to introduce myself. My name is Thomas and i am from Vienna, Austria. It all started with my chameleon, Chamaeleo calyptratus two jears ago. Now i have two ballpythons, that's just the beginning, great snakes, and 14 Tarantulas. I'm interessted in aboreal species from Asia and South America, mainly Poecilotheria spec. My next projects will be the asian earth tigers like Haplopelma spec.

I'm looking forward to the conversations in this community and i am sure it'll be fun :D .

regards Thomas

PS: I'm going to try my best english, I should be in training 'cause i've got relatives in canada, edmonton. So I hope for the best.