Introduce Yourself

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi everyone. Although I'm new here, I've been browsing arachnoboards for over a month now and i've learned alot about arachnids.

My name's Connie and I hail from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

:)

ChameleonC

Arachnopeon
Spiderman of Copperas Cove Texas!

My retail store is located at 2205 East Highway 190, Copperas Cove, Texas 76522, (254)
542-8200. We are open from 12pm to 8pm Monday thru Saturday and 1pm to 8pm Sundays. We are
dedicated to educating the public about the care and maintenance of the pets they
purchase. Specializing in many different reptile and amphibian species. If you are looking
for tarantulas or other arachnids, no one in Central Texas has a bigger selection. Our
educational and scientific programs bring a needed expertise to the area. We look forward
to helping you become informed about these fascinating creatures that we truly love!
Chameleon Counters
2205 E. HWY 190
Copperas Cove, TX 76522
(254) 542-8200
www.ChameleonCounters.com

Rogers

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone,

My name is Mark and I'm new to the hobby of keepin T's... actualy, I have one and you guessed it, it's a Rose Hair and her name is Rosie... I'm also very origonal.

Anyway, so far I love this hobby and am looking forward to gaining some info,

Cheers

Gidget

Arachnopeon
Well I'm new here and just starting to get into T's. I do not have one yet, but my boyfriend has 4 and I love them!!! He has two Grammostola Rosea, a Pterinochilus murinus, and a Avicularia avicularia. I want to get a Acanthoscurria geniculata myself. So here I am!
{D

CFNSmok.PL

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello, my name is Cezary and I am in the hobby since last December. Currently I own 190 T,s (61 different species) and have some more coming. I live in Minnesota and would like to get in touch with other T,s hobbyists in the state. I am 43 years old, have full time job, three boys and a hobby farm.
I joined arachnoboards last month but I have been reading it daily for over a year. A lot of excellent information. Thank You. :worship:

Tegenaria

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Hya!

My name's Larry and I live in North East England.
Im a bit of a plant collector and a keen amateur photographer but I also love spiders.
Not necessarily pet spiders but those found in the garden and home- a bit of a wildlife freak really!
(Of course I would love to keep my own pet Tegenaria in a tank in the shed, theres a big bugger set up camp in there who pops out every now and then!)

My partner probaby thinks I'm a bit strange in this but at least she never squashes them-she enlists me to evict them harmlessly instead!

As a kid my obsession with the 8 legged ones led me to being called Boris by my family(remember the game?)

So thats about it. I work in a warehouse at Somerfield, have a 21 month old daughter and another on the way!

I would love a Tarantula but frankly, it aint gonna happen in this house!

Last edited:

Otis

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

I'm new to the board and I finally managed it to introduce myself, so here we go:
My name is Michael, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and I have seven Tarantulas so far (they getting more and more). The species are:
- Grammostola rosea (female)
- Grammostola rosea (male)
- Haplopelma minax (female)
- Eucratoscelus pachypus (female)
- Pterinochilus murinus (unsexed)
- Brachypelma vagans (female)
- Aphonopelma moderatum (female)
I got a photo galary on another board the link is:
http://www.tarantulas.us/gallery/Spauldings-beauties
feel free to browse around :D
See you around
Michael

bluebell

Arachnopeon
Hi all!

Hi all, my name is Kathy and I live in BC, Canada. I got my first tarantula (a guyana pink toe) about 2 years ago. Since then I have aquired 2 mexican red knees, 1 brazilian white knee, one metallic pink toe, one martinique pink toe, and one salmon pink bird eater. I got them all as spiderlings (except the guyana pink toe, she was an adult and the bird eater, he/she was about 3 inches) and I'm really enjoying watching them grow and learning about their behaviors. I also have 2 lizards, assorted frogs, and a vinegaroon. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Kathy

Grimm

Arachnopeon
Suppose I'd better start here.

Hi all,

Well I suppose I'd better be polite and start here by saying hello.

I've recently got a couple of G Rosea spiderlings from "a guy I know" ;) ;)

and he suggested this was a good place to find out about the world of T's (I've even got the jargon sorted already!)

He's also got a few B. Albopilosum, and I'm hoping one of them might be coming my way.

I was dissapointed to find there was another Grim on here so I've had to add and extra 'm', but I don't tell fairy tales.

Regards

Grim

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Well may as well add my name to the masses.

Hey all. I'm new here and totally new to keeping spiders, in fact I don't even have one yet! But I've been scheming and plotting and all that and pretty soon will be getting my first.

I'm a student at Portsmouth Uni in the UK, studying biology. Used to be really arachnophobic but my fascination and respect of spiders has slowly been taking over from my fear. Still a bit freaked out by little spiders but not by tarantulas, how weird is that? Anyway I figure getting my own T is a great way of satisfying my interest in them and finally getting rid of the last of that pesky phobia.

Anyway that's enough about me, so hi!

-smof

zulu

Arachnopeon
Hi! I'm Ana Marija, I live in Zagreb, Croatia, and I'm really itrested in inverts! I've got 2 Grammostola roseas, one is a baby and another is fully grown male. Also I've got a baby Chromatopelma cyanopubescens, adult Pandinus imperator and about 15 Baculum extradentatums. These are all my favourite inverts in the world, especially roseas. Bye!

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Heee Haaaa!!!

Hello Dudes and Dudettes!!!

My name is Patrick Loisel, I am 35 yrs old and I live in the Montreal area.

I split my life between teaching high school and tour/record as a lead guitarist and vocalist for melodic extreme metal band AUGURY.

Back to inverts: I have always be interested in T's, even though I was totaly arachnophobiac when it comes to our meager Quebec housespiders. Could'nt help watching all documentaries available on rainforest monsters!!!

I recently acquired my first 'own' tarantula (previous ones were only temporaly kept to help friends) and I bought a L. Parahybana sling from the very sympatic and professional folk at tarantulacanada.com. I know the debate between those who exageratly see human traits in their animal and those who think they are mindless killing machines, yet mine really seems to be docile, reacting very calmly to the touch of my finger, but going ballistic
(wheter it's for attacking or fleeing) when introduced to a cricket!

I found a lot of interresting infos on this site and I am eager to share more ideas with you all!!!

Pat
Code:

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone,
My name is Jonathan, I Live in So. California, and I joinded this board to find other enthusiasts of inverts in & around my area , since I am new to this area I grew up in western Washington most of my life where i ran a Herp wholesale business but it is said and done. I am now working with inverts as pets instead of feeders{D so if there is anyone in my area that would like to chat sometime feel free to drop me a message...

Jonathan:clap:

Gemein

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well; my name is John and im from Ontario, Canada. I've been into inverts for as long as I can remember. Currently at home i have 2 G. roseas, P. marinus, T. Blondi, B smithi and P regalis which unfortunatly passed on 2 days ago after getting loose some how :( (he still counts though). Inverts are my main love. Aside from that I find passion in reef aquariums. I currently own a 175gallon reef tank. Hmmm.. thats about all I can think of to be honest. So, Bonjours!

lavaunda

Arachnopeon
Hello!
My name is Lavaunda. I live in northern Indiana. I have loved little critters all my life. I had a couple of rose hairs when I was young. A few days ago I found this site and wow! It is nice to know I am not the only person who loves creepies. I have 3 spiderlings I ordered from Scott (recommended on this site). They will arrive on Tuesday. I feel like an expectant mother! My poor husband just shakes his head. I have learned so much from reading all the beginners tips. I can't wait to meet everyone! {D

Icarus

Arachnopeon
Hey...

Hey!
Im Erick and im from Upstate NY. Im new to the world of T's but i was set in the right direction by Botar and finally got my first T 2 days ago. I figured id join up here because i know ill have new questions every once in a while, and hey it doesnt hurt to read up on other kinds of T's cuz ive got the itch for another and ive only got one.

lizard-chucky

Arachnopeon
Hi!
I'm Ivan and i'm 17 years old and i'm from Holland. My english is not so good by I try to make me understand.:)

I have eight spiders and one P.vitticeps.
In the futere I want more different spiders.

Greetz,

Ivan

Last edited:

justinthespider

Arachnopeon
First Time Post

Hi. name's Justin. I have been collecting 4 months now. I own 5 T's. 2 Rose Hairs, 1 Curly Hair, 1 C.R. Zebra, 1 Chaco sling, and I'll hopefully be getting a Salmon Pink Birdeater soon. I ordered it but have not recieved shipping confirmation. And I should be posting some questions soon.

Mark M

Arachnopeon
Mark M

HI! My name is Mark. I'm 35,live in British Columbia, father of two and have always had an interest in insects. Spent years training and working with dogs and just decided to start something different. Went out and purchased a couple of Costa Rican Tiger rumps M/F. Would like to collect some more, pref more aggresive type next round. Doing alot of research and came across this site thought I might meet some people with same interest. Nice to be on board.

Last edited:

Keri

Arachnopeon
Hi people,
My name is keri. I registered on arachnoboards quite a while ago and then forgot about it! I'm 24, I live in winnipeg, canada and have been keeping T's for about 6 years. I've been in university for too long, but will be graduating in a few months and plan on expanding my collection after that. I had a recent death in my T family - a T that i saw in a pet store being disgustingly neglected b/c the staff were terrified of it (was sold as an H. minax, but who knows.) anyways, it lasted about a year after i rescued it. boo for petstores that no nothing about arachnids and order in haplopelma spp. b/c they think it'd make a nice christmas gift! grr. anyway, that's my rant and i just meant to introduce myself!
keri