Introduce Yourself

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey all my name is Jesse I have been in the hobby for some time I bread Avics at one point about ten years back I live around Spokane WA and am trying to see if
we still have any T breeders in spokompton I am going to get back into it and since I sold most of my Ts long ago it will be awhile till my little slings grow up to have
slings of their own. I am wondering who is breeding what kind of tarantulas in Spokane and surrounding areas.

Felidae

Arachnosquire
Hello! My name is Veronika, I'm 32 years old Hungarian girl, and I living at Switzerland. Around 18 years ago I started to deeply in terraristik/herpetoculture. I have had some spiders before, but I was always a reptile gal. Now something happened.. I started to collect them and love more and more :)

BerleyQubed

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Berley. I'm pretty new to this hobby. I currently only own three Tarantulas. But that'll be changing soon. Come say hi, I'd like to make some friends ^^

Furf

Arachnopeon
Hi My name is Chris and I am Terrified of Spiders. Now on that note I have a P. Scrofa sitting on my desk in her/his ( going with her) box. http://imgur.com/a/7ohHw

Now in all seriousness I am scared of spiders. I have been dealing with this fear for many many years. But I do like to take on my fears head on. On the other hand cats and dogs are great but Nope I like something a little different. So on that note. Tarantulas it is.

This is my second T I had a Rose hair when I was in high school... Needless to say he had to go. Mom was not approving of that. Now 14 years later I have my own place and my own T. And I think I am slightly addicted already. I have been looking into other Docile T's that are slow moving to observe maybe to handle. This little one is a speed demon. And terrifies me. So I am looking to get either a Chilean Flame (euathlus sp) red or Pink Zebra Beauty (Eupalaestrus campestratus)

To be a 100% honest the BIG spiders like the B smithi freak me out. Pretty but TOO big. But anyway I wanted to say Hi and introduce myself.

Laurens

Arachnopeon
New in here :)

hello arachnidhobbyists !!

My name is Laurens, Iam a arachnidhobbyist for almost 14 years.
At the moment I am busy with a project about the recluse venom and possibillity's for treatment.
When the first documents are finished I'll post some of the manual scripts if you're interested :)
about the spiders I keep at home ? you'll see the photo's coming

kind regards,

From the Netherlands

Laurens

Gembone

Arachnopeon
Howdy

Greetings everyone.

My name is Greg, and our family just got a new GBB Sling. My youngest daughter spent 3 years trying to convince my wife to allow her to get a tarantula.
Her perseverance and determination won out and we now have a Sling. The wife has also now conceded on letting me get one as well!

I hope learn a lot from the great members here, and hopefully share some knowledge and fun, as I take the journey with my family into this great crawly world.

Greg M.

BugMasterD

Arachnopeon
Hello, all!

Hey, everyone! Name's Dakota, Username comes from a nickname I picked up at work, since I was the only guy with an invert collection. But I consider myself a novice, still.

I'm glad to be a part of this forum, and excited to absorb some of your knowledge!

Kerensa

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I'm Kerensa, and I own a Red Rose Tarantula. He is my best friend. The true reason I signed up for this website is because I need some help to understand my friend a little more and make sure to keep him healthy.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
Hello everyone!

I'm Kerensa, and I own a Red Rose Tarantula. He is my best friend. The true reason I signed up for this website is because I need some help to understand my friend a little more and make sure to keep him healthy.
nice to meet you. Welcome to the boards. After you read this thread linked here: http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/sho...read-how-to-really-take-care-of-your-G.-rosea. Spend some time reading threads new threads, old threads, whatever catches your attention. Don't be afraid to ask questions. There's a wealth of knowledge here. I'm sure you will be able to find everything you need. :)

aurusantula

Arachnopeon
Hello friends, I'm Allos and I have been very interested in tarantulas since I was very young and am hoping to get more involved in the arachnocommunity, as well as get some pointers on where to get a first tarantula from.

Ripa

Arachnobaron
Hi, my real name is Brandon, but I prefer the nickname "Ripa", as it's stuck with me for a few years now throughout various message boards (now if only I could get my friends to catch on lol). Anyways, I've been interested in animals since I was a child and even have pictures of me as an infant playing with little plastic animal figurines. I began collecting my first exotics in 3rd grade, where I transitioned from betta and goldfish to amphibians. I've owned a number of animals since, and have progressively learned better care techniques over the course of time. Unfortunately, my family and I aren't in the best financial shape, so my collection is somewhat limited at the moment, however, I believe I'm more than prepared (as far as ownership knowledge goes) for many creatures to come and hope to add more 'pedes in the future to my invert collection. I'm currently a wildlife science undergraduate student but have determined that once I go to grad school, I'd love to work in the field of oddball arthropods, as there's much opportunities to be had with such an enigmatic realm of zoology. Most notably, chelicerates and myriapods are my fields of prime interest (however, even basic zoology appeals to me in various forms). I currently own a few herps, birds, inverts and a dog.
In the past I've owned....
.... many goldfish, betta fish, a big fat White's tree frog, ornamental fire-bellied toads, American toads, American green tree frogs, green anoles, Yemen chameleons, Jackson's chameleons, Cuban knight anoles, a rough green snake, ribbon snakes, Eastern garter snakes, a plumed basilisk, a bearded dragon, a Saharan uromastyx, hissing roaches, an array of phasmids, Chinese mantids, emperor scorpions, a few tarantulas, hedgehogs, ferrets, a rat and some others I probably missed....
Now all that remains are my recent invert additions as well as my gradually aging vertebrate pets (and G. rosea, whose been around FOREVER).
I hope my past pet ownership experiences can prove useful as far as properly informing aspiring owners on these boards goes. One day I'd love to do chameleons again (notably Jackson's and panthers).

gcandd

Arachnopeon
New member, lurked a while

Retired pharmacist, nothing but a rose hair and some crickets still alive. 2 cats, rottie dog. Enjoying reading and learning lots. Son had some mexican red knee/legs? types but none lived long (this was over 30 years ago, plus son had a few snakes, no idea what kind. Reading here, sons tarntulas may have been males.)
Wife afraid of tarantulas, why we got one to learn more about spiders. Eats good, not molt yet. Added more dirt after finding out about the fall thing. Keep things dry, got water bowl not near edge though. Rose hair dont climb much anyways.
That is us.
Nice forum.

funkadelichika

Arachnopeon
Hello my names Val. I've lurked on the boards for a little while now. Looking up info when needed but never really posting till now.
I live in BC Canada and have relatively recently got into the Tarantula Hobby. I love my Ts and am glad to be here! :love:

MissyMaguire

Arachnopeon
Hey <3

I'm Leslie ( or just call me by my user name "Missy" ).

I first heard about your boards from "TarantulaGuy1976" on YouTube.

I've been the worst arachnophobe for as long as I can remember. The movie "Arachnophobia" gave me NIGHTMARES for YEARS LOL.

Long story short, I no longer have a fear of them - and I'm getting my first 3 beginner breeds ( B Smithi, P Metallica & G Pulchra ) hopefully by the end of this year.

xFujimoto

Arachnopeon
Hello..!

My name is Kinsey/Fuji and I'm very excited to be here! I've been lurking for awhile but I've finally started to get my butt in gear as far as posting is concerned. I'm eager to learn as much as I can and meet others! Can't wait to get into the swing of things here! :biggrin:

FireSpider

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'm not exactly new to keeping tarantulas, but am just getting back into the hobby after six years without any pets. It was triggered by my fiancé buying me a rose hair for my birthday, which reminded me how much I love things with eight legs. Currently I only have the rose hair, but I'm going to the Hamburg show in June with the intention of picking up several more Ts. After all, as I'm sure everyone here realizes, tarantulas are like potato chips: nobody can have just one. :alien:

I found these forums looking for information on husbandry and it's great that there's so much accurate information out there now. Figuring out how to keep Ts was a lot more difficult when I bought my first ones 15 years ago.

Anyway, looking forward to participating in the discussions!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Hi!

Hi, after a few years of lurking I have finally joined this forum, even though I only have one T, lol! I have one female Chilean rose hair, (can't remember the scientific name right now), named Rosie, (I know, real original, right?). I have had her for nearly 5 years now, and hope to have her for many more! My main interest has been keeping darkling beetles and various roach species, but having many darkling beetle species means having lots of surplus larva, so I'm looking into keeping some more spiders! This coming summer I'm hoping to find some folding trap door spider, some nice wolf spiders, and possibly some grass spiders. Anyways, glad to be part of this forum! :)

jkelly

Arachnopeon
Yay!

Excited to be here. I've gained so much invaluable knowledge from this site already - thanks all!!! Reading Schultz & Schultz cover to cover twice is only the beginning for sure.

My addiction has already taken me from 1 to 11 Ts in a span of 3 weeks. IN LOVE with these fuzzy beasts :love: