Introduce Yourself

Silenus

Arachnopeon
Hello! I'd like to thank everyone here who has been a wealth of information in regards to me picking up this hobby.

It is only recently that I have gotten into collecting and I started with a G. rosea I purchased from a friend of mine at a pet store he works at locally. I've been told she is a female, and from what I can tell based on information I've read this seems to be true. She is a rather defensive girl, who goes by the name Persephone. I am looking to find a sling to raise now, so I can see the progression of a tarantula through life.

Here are some pictures of Persephone IMG_1452.jpg IMG_1458.jpg IMG_1462.jpg

I have yet to actually handle her, I don't want to try and force her to be handled as I would much rather enjoy viewing her interesting behaviors!

LandLobster

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Matthew. I recently purchased a G. rosea and joined the site after it was recommended to me. I live in southern Ontario.

CASPER CRITTER

Arachnopeon
Hi from the other side of the pond!

Good evening fellow T lovers!

I am new to this site. I have been in the hobby since February 2012 and loving every moment of it! I find T's exciting and daring! I have one little problem though....... I have an extreme arachnophobia, but the more time I spend with my babies, the better it gets! I even own a couple of grumpy guys now! I handled a couple of them, but lately their attitude seems a bit risky! My favourite specie is the Pelinobius muticus.

I live in South Africa and we enjoy some nice weather most of the time. It is getting a bit chilly now, so I will probaply getting my heating out soon. The main reason why I joined this site, is to see what other guys around the world are doing and what species they own. We have some strict regulations in South-Africa, so it makes it difficult to own certain T's. I also find it very nice to ask fellow T owners for advice and just see pictures of everybody's beauties! {D{D

BasNet

Arachnopeon
Hey there

goodday to all :)

We are Bas and Annet from the Netherlands.
I've (bas) been keeping reptiles, inverts and such on and off for the past 10 years (and before that some stick insects when I was younger) and spiders and scorps for 4. Annet is new to the hobby but already going strong.
We have combined 20 spiders, 1 scorp (G. ankarana) and 4 D.amon variegatus. A dog, 2 cats and 2 kids (mine)

Pics will follow when I'm out of zombie mode after my nightshifts

Monkeyock

Arachnopeon
Former arachnophobe, reformed into arachnophile

Hello everyone, it's nice to join a community of individuals committed to the healthy and safe enjoyment of these wonderful animals. My name is Dustin, and I have always been interested in animals in general, but I always had an unfounded fear of spiders. My girlfriend, who I expect to join this forum soon, welcomed me into the world of keeping captive reptiles, and together we now have over 80 examples (mostly hers) from lizards like bearded dragons to leopard geckos and many more besides, to snakes of many species. Recently she insisted we should get a tarantula to be fully rounded exotic animal keepers. So, much to my chagrin, Murderface, the metallic pink-toe, A. metallica, came into our lives. And then later that same day, so did Calamity Jane, the Mexican red rump, B. vagans. After the first few days I became hooked on these wonderful creatures and their strange, fastidious ways. One Craig's list ad later and we became the new home of three more tarantulas. A P. cambridgei, an L. violaceopes, and a C. cyaneopubescens joined our growing family. What an addicting hobby! I'm happy to be here to share experience and hopefully gain from the wealth of knowledge offered by the other members of the forum. Cheers!

Wildwolf

Arachnopeon
Introduction

My name is Courtney. While not new to stalking/reading this forum, I am new to owning T's. (Yes, I've read Stan's rant and most of the Spiders, Calgary page, and have browsed the Tarantula Keeper's Guide. That will not stop me from being paranoid that I'm going to accidentally kill everything, however.) I just purchased my first two tarantula slings. :D

4-3-13 Moriarty.JPG
"Moriarty", the Chaco. Approximately 1.5cm.

4-7-13 Cornelius.JPG
"Cornelius", the Curly Haired. Approximately 3-3.25cm.

Goals are to someday own a GBB, G. pulchra, and someday, FAR IN THE FUTURE when I have more experience and expendable income, a P. metallica.

chris allen

Arachnopeon
Hey there.....New guy to Tarantulas! Ive actually always been afraid of spiders....but always into reptiles. Recently my interest in Tarantulas at the shows has led me to my new purchase.....G. Pulchra the Brazilian Black spiderling. Really excited.

Attachments

BRussell

Arachnopeon
Just started in the hobby too. The G.Pulchra is top of my list of next Ts. I have a G.Rosa, B.Smithi (Mexican Red knee), have a couple more coming. Big congrats on your G.pulchra. I am very jealous of you.Post pics as it grows.

jthorntonwillis

Arachnosquire
hi all-Have had Ts' since I was 15 (I'm 60 now) So thankful for the net....makes all so much easier. Currently have E.campestratus F. P.Mirandi F B.Vagans F P.Pederseni F Great to meet all of you!!

Bugman931

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone im George, ive just got into the hobby about 9 months ago, but have kept all sorts of animals all my life.

madad666

Arachnopeon
hi Madad here i own a G rosea and awaiting a C faciatum anyone who wants to add me feel free im a noob to this site but well read on Ts esp the two i own..but still sooo thirsty for more knowledge.

MdngtRain

Arachnopeon
hihi

Hello,
My name is Chrissy. I am relatively new to learning about and properly caring for my inverts. I have 3 female A. gigas, and have a male due to be shipped to me in 4 days. I originally got these guys to help maintain my crested, gargoyle, and other tropical geckos vivs about 6 years ago. I had started looking for more about year ago and found out about the import ban. I think they are absolutely wonderful and a great addition to my vivs, which is why I am going to make an effort to breed them. My goal is to eventually have a group in each viv, and any extras they produce will be made available so others can enjoy them too.
I have also had experience with some roach species. I'm fascinated by the arachnids, but I'm too nervous around them to actually own any (tho there is an amazing blue tarantula that I want to own some day when I get over my fear... have to research it a lot before then... and have some serious therapy around spiders first). I'm here to try to learn as much as I can, and maybe spark some interest in other inverts. I have tons of reptiles, and inverts seem to be the next logical step in my evolution as a keeper... I would liek to some day have some mantids - the orchid mantis is absolutely amazing!
I'm glad to be here, though the sign-up process was quite a pain... I can understand the want to avoid spam and kreepers/flamers.
Peace,
Chrissy
Oh, I thought I'd add some pics of my ladies, I affectionately call them Hoovers the Turd I, II & III. Hope I do it correctly and you can see them.
the hoovers 2.jpg the hoovers 3.jpg the hoovers 4.jpg the hoovers.jpg

Last edited:

SteveFox

Arachnopeon
hi

Hi everyone my name is steve. i am new to the hobby and im happy to say after a few months of research, reading the tarantula keepers guide cover to cover, i am finally the proud papa of 2 spiderlings. i have a chaco golden knee and a mexican red knee. excited and looking forward to discussing all things tarantula with everyone.

carlson

Arachnopeon
I'm Nick Carlson, new to Ts a member on a bp forum getting me into them. I've got a G. Rosea and a golden knee coming next week if the weather agrees finally. I have the enclosures ready and waiting tho.

3skulls

Arachnobaron
I'm Nick Carlson, new to Ts a member on a bp forum getting me into them. I've got a G. Rosea and a golden knee coming next week if the weather agrees finally. I have the enclosures ready and waiting tho.
Haha Welcome carlson!!

DarrenM488

Arachnopeon
Having read plenty of the threads and having just purchased my 2nd T, I thought I should say hello.

I bough a Chile Rose approx 4 weeks ago, and today a Pink Toe.

A couple of people told me that T's were addictive and I didn't believe them, but I do now!
Anyway I'm Darren, and it's great to be here.

giantisopod

Arachnopeon
New to the forum - good to be here

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself and say how much I'm enjoying the forum. Thought it was time to start participating too, after spending several months reading all the discussions and advice!

My collection so far (I'm about to get some bigger shelves, so I should imagine that the BTS show in May will mean at least one more T... strictly just to round up the number, of course):

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata
1.1.0 Aphonopelma sp. "New River Rust Rump"
1.0.0 Avicularia metallica
1.3.0 Avicularia minatrix
0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor
0.0.1 Brachypelma albopilosum
1.0.0 Brachypelma emilia
0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
0.1.0 Brachypelma vagans
0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.1.0 Euathlus sp. "Red"
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.0.1 Phormictopus cancerides
0.1.0 Psalmopoeus cambridgei

I kept various British spiders when I was younger but got into Ts more recently. I have a couple of breeding projects (the A. minatrix looking like it might be the most successful), so I'll add reports as and when there's any sign of a sac. Anyway, it's great to be here :happy: