Introduce Yourself

sealjubilee

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Audra, I'm 23 and live in Alaska. I owned a G. Rosea in highschool although fairly new to Arachnids. I rescued my current A. Seemanni. I also have two ferrets, Fable and Atlas. I'd love to meet people in the Alaska area. I feel like no one here is into the hobby. I've been creeping this forum for a few months and finally decided to join!

Last edited:

Scorpen

Arachnopeon
Hello Everyone !

Hello everyone ! My name is Eric, and I live in Texas. I have been keeping and breeding animals (bugs, spiders, scorpions and reptiles) for a long time now. I started keeping them when I was a kid and I am 44 years old now. I am not new to keeping scorpions, but want to start getting more into it on a larger scale. I have a few species now, but have a big wish list yet to fill! I get stung by C. vittatus here in Texas so often from flipping boards looking for snakes that it doesn't effect me anymore at all when I get stung.
I look forward to getting to know you all ! :biggrin: Thanks Eric - AKA Scorpen

ninthdegreeburn

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am ninthdegreeburn, from Holland. Together with my partner, we have around 150 tarantulas. We keep them in a separate room we called 'Arachnopolis'. Take a look at arachnopolis.nl :)

Last edited:

Azadrael13

Arachnopeon
Just thought I would introduce myself

Hello all, up until about a month and a half ago, my wife was a very big arachnophobe. I finally talked her into letting me have an Avic avic, and she instantly fell in love...lol. We now have nine T's and will have about thirteen by the end of next week. We absolutely love having a hobby that we can do together. I have had many hobbies over the years, but this is definitely my favorite. I found these boards the other day and honestly believe that this is the best place to be for T lovers. Thank you all for having us, and we are looking forward to learning new things and making new friends.

Snicklephrits

Arachnopeon
Hola folks. I'm Cory. I have a chilean rose right now, got it at petco lol. I've been looking for places to by 2 more tarantulas but am not sure which if the sites i have visited are good or not. Backwater reptiles seems the nicest, but over priced. kenthebugguy seems good too... I'm wanting a greenbottle blue and maybe a pinktoe or trinidad chevron.

Problem is, I've read male green bottle blues dont live very long, while the females last years. I'm wanting a female, obviously... any suggestions would be great.

I'm happy i stumbled on this forum. :D

GildedMonkey

Arachnopeon
New to scorpions

I recently got a sub adult emperor scorpion and well I thought I read up on how to care for them correctly. Well I'm getting a little concerned its been 4 days and I've not seen him eat any thing I've given him. Should I be more patient or what? please help!!

Yehecatl Quipol

Arachnopeon
I'm not new to the hobby, I've been in arachnid keeping all my life really, the only pets I've ever owned have been true spiders, Ts, or scorpions; though it evolved from simply mason jars and twigs to something a little more professional. I recently moved so all I currently have is my Chilean rose and a true spider I recently found but have yet to identify (pictures/thread coming soon!). I am looking into getting into breeding and dealing. If I get another tank I'll be getting me an OBT. I specialize and admire the more 'hot' species. I very much look forward to my time, hope to learn a lot and meet others who share my passion.

Zumie

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I'm glad I found this website. There is a lot of good info/advice to be found. Not to mention possibly new sources for my invertabrate needs. I was drawn here by a search for new sources for Scolopendra centipedes. A post by a member named Galapoheros lured me in.

Elvia

Arachnopeon
Hello guys! My name is Elvia, I'm new to this forum also seen on another forum arachnophiles.com known as "ThePitbullGirl" I'm not new to Tarantula's though. And I basically know almost everything about reptiles lol, but my favorite critter is the Tarantula for sure. Glad to be part of the forum! Hope to explore the website and have fun! <3

Markman2000

Arachnopeon
heyhey

Hello folks I'm Mark, 28, male, from Ontario Canada

I've been lurking this forum for a few days now, reading and learning as much as I can about spiders before I get into the hobby. I already have my mind made up that I'm going to get a chaco golden knee tarantula for a starter since it seems good for a beginner. I've always loved spiders and played with them when I was a kid and now that I'm older and know more about them I respect and love them especially for the fact that they keep the annoying bug population down.

I really want to start out with a food enclosure, and I was thinking it would be cool to have a decent assortment of bugs in one terrarium. I don't want to start a thread about it because I'm a newbie but if anyone has any information about mixing insects in one enclosure please PM me. I'm thinking having some substrate that worms will live in, and having a few crickets, or if theres something else that can live with crickets and not kill/eat all of them, or be effected by the worms. If you guys think I should start a thread about this let me know also, thanks :D

gonna lurk more for now :)

TL;DR

if anyone has any information about mixing insects in one enclosure please PM me

Last edited:

Illuminati

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Shelby and I am from Kansas. I am new to Tarantula keeping and in fact three months ago I was completely terrified of them. I now have one Grammostola Rosae and a Nhandu Chromatus. I hope to learn lots about all kinds of tarantulas and expand my knowledge however I can. I am also good at making things and may start creating my own acrylic enclosures :)

Spanx69

Arachnopeon
Hi,

My name is James. I'm so glad I found this place. :happy:

A little about myself, I used to keep true spiders as pets when I was younger but I started collecting Tarantulas after I received
my first one from a friend that brought one back as a gift from their trip to Texas about 23 years ago. :biggrin:

After that I was hooked, I eventually started collecting which of course eventually led to breeding and finally opening my own
exotic pet store "Way Cool Pets" that specialized in Tarantulas. Well after a sudden life change, I ended up selling my pet store
and all of my collection and have been out of the hobby for quite some time but recently I had adopted a Rosehair from a friend
and I have to admit that it actually re-ignited my love for the hobby. I'm gonna try and pace myself and start slow again.
Hope I can control myself and not try to collect too much, too soon, Good luck with that Right?? Ha Ha! :tongue:

There seems to be a lot more species available now than when I was last involved.

I am actually on the hunt for a Grammostola Pulchra which is what brought me here.
The hobby seems to be thriving now more than ever.

Looking forward to getting back into it and getting to know everyone. :cool:

martincdavis

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello,

I my name is Martin, from Plymouth, UK. I am 22.
I am a student just finishing my final year at university, studying Conservation Biology. I have a keen interest in spiders and other invertebrates. For my final year project I am studying Urban wall spiders in Plymouth,UK. Looking at their abundance, in regards to different walls, their height on the wall, and the temperature where they are found.
I have done work in the past Identifying a collection of spiders and correctly labeling them which is now in the Plymouth Museum, as well as attending Bioblitz events in the south west to engage the public with nature on their doorstep.
I haven't kept any spiders as pets in the past, but might do in the future.
Thank you,

Martin Davis

DalilahBlue

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!

I would still consider myself a novice invert keeper, though with my biologist background I am not your typical noob. Currently I have 12 different species of tarantulas, mostly NW terrestrials, and have only recently acquired my first OW and arboreals.

I am 30, married, currently working on my nursing degrees, and live in the Appalachian Mountains of north Georgia with my hubby, the dogs, parrots, spiders, chickens and goats. I am interested in most any critter or plant and spend a lot of my free time hiking and enjoying the out doors. I also like to cook and garden and I dabble in genetics. One of my current projects is helping my sister in law develop a Millie Fleur colored Americana (blue/green egg laying) bantam chicken. We should have a true breeding flock next summer. :)

I am here to learn and share what I know and hopefully meet some interesting folks as I go.

~Dal

Lethal Venom

Arachnopeon
Hello, all!

Hello, everyone! I'm very excited to have finally created an account here! This has been my go-to guide for arachnid information for years and I've finally joined the boards. I would like to thank everyone for their knowledgeable information over the last couple years; it has helped me out a lot. =) I hope to pass on that knowledge.

I will get some pictures and videos up soon, I was just taking the time now to introduce myself and officially say "hello" to the arachnoboards forums! I look forward to being a part of this wonderful society. =)

alcatraz30

Arachnopeon
my name is komar, i'm from indonesia
i'm newbie in this forum, nice to meet you all
i just have 1 tarantula, its B.Boehmei :biggrin:

adamk73

Arachnopeon
introductions are in order...

Hi my name is Adam. I'm a sagatarrius, long walks on the beach are most prefered with my B. smithi. I just wanted to check out things around here. Currently i have 1 juvenile and 4 slings. I'm new to T's. Give me a break till I learn how to give scientific names. Let's see know I've got a brazillian white knee. A B. smithi, easy to remember that one, also a curly hair. Green bottle blue and a choaco golden knee.
I kinda like all the discussions posted here lots of info. Oh forgot to mention I live in Reno, NV. I look forward to an interesting adventure in T keeping.

Zeezums

Arachnosquire
Hi all!

I've been on this forum for a short while but never posted anything here!

My name is Madeline (zee) I'm 22 and live in Birmingham, Alabama. I have been keeping Ts about 2 years now but as of late my collection as absolutely exploded!! I am up to 42 Ts with 37 different species. I also have a female redtail boa who is almost a year old, and a 3 y/o schnauzer shitzu mix. (He helps calm my friends that aren't too fond of my hobby :p)

I graduated college in December, but if I can I want to get into breeding instead of grad school! With the help of the incredibly amazing Roaddog, I should be breeding my first Ts this week, psalmopoeus irminia!

This forum is awesome! Just when I think I've learned everything there is to know, a whole new world of information appears! I am forever learning about them and I hope it stays this way forever!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Hello all, I suppose a brief introduction is in order. I've been a part of this hobby for about six months now, though I've been keeping exotic pets for about a decade. I broke into keeping tarantulas when a buddy of mine bought a rose haired, only to have his girlfriend move into his place. Turns out, spiders aren't her thing, so now Ruby is relaxing at my abode. So far, I've quite enjoyed her, even though she bites and throws hairs whenever possible. She's quite aggressive, but even with that, I certainly plan on buying another tarantula within the year (I'm a poor student - money is hard to come by).

Nickolaus

Arachnopeon
My Introduce

Hi...
My name is Nickolaus, I live in North Sumatra, Indonesia...
I'm 20 years old...
I've some pets like reptiles, birds and arachnids...
Thank You