Introduce Yourself

girliness

Arachnopeon
Joined in an attempt to locate feeder mice - African Pygmy Mice

Hello everyone. I am not currently a tarantula person, although I did have a Rose-Haired several years ago. Actually, some posts from this site came up in the Google search I am slowly picking through in this seemingly endless game of "Needle in a Haystack" - looking for African Pygmy mice. Many of the people who breed them do so as reptile or spider feeder mice because the pinkies are about the size of a pinto bean (or smaller). They are extremely difficult to find (if not impossible) in any other circles. They don't do well in a line-breeding scenario as is okay for standard mice and rats - they eventually develop patchy fur, hunched backs, and other issues from inbreeding - so my hope is to locate several completely separate sources on the little things so that I can selectively breed them and thereby strengthen the bloodlines.

So that is why I have joined and am thankful to have been accepted into the group. I am in Texas, but also currently have family in Colorado, Florida, and California, and also have a contact that claims he can get discounted rates for us (he has Pygmy mice and wants more, too, for the same reasons) with Delta Airlines. So if any of you have, have access to, or know of anyone who currently or even used to have (because they may remember or still know who to contact) African Pygmy mice, I would be extremely grateful for any referrals or contact info.

Thanks again for the add, and I hope to hear back from some of you on these little guys!

uncle charlie

Arachnopeon
Hi all. My name is Francois and I come from sunny South Africa.

I got my first tarantula about a year ago to"scratch the itch" as I have always wanted a tarantula. Figured the best way to see if the hobby was for me was to get one and I started of with a N Chromatus. About a month later I got myself a H Lividum. It took about 7 months for me to really get into things and I am now sitting with 45 lovely Tarantulas ranging from G Rosea to P Metallica/X Immanis and so on.

The only thing left to say is that I fell in love with tarantulas and can't imagine ever leaving the hobby!

Hope to learn tons from you guys

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

CR33P3R

Arachnopeon
Hi I am CJ from Los Angeles. I am a college student and I have been crazy about bugs since I was a kid. I have a bug blog at cjsbugs.tumblr.com . Currently my invert collection is smaller than I would like because I am moving to the dorms in a year and technically pets aren't allowed (but that isn't going to stop me from bringing some of my Ts), but currently I have five tarantulas. One is a juvie A. versicolor, one is an unidentified New World sling that a pet shop owner gave me for free, one is a A. purpurea sling, one is a juvie G. pulchra (which I have to sell soon) and the other is an adult female G. pulchra. I also have an A. metallica breeding pair coming in the mail next week and soon I may rescue a H. lividium from a pet shop down the street where it is being cared for improperly. I also want to get into mantids soon, the orchid mantis and the spiny flower mantis are both on my wishlist. Oh, and I also have my eye out for a Tanzanian Tailless Whip scorpion. :D

Archduke

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys,

I'm Mark, from Singapore. I've been into the hobby for quite a number of years. I do butterfly watching/photography as a hobby, till a friend introduced these fascinating creatures to me, in which I have been fascinated by them till now. Having some basic knowledge of the of the latin names to sort out the genuis and species from butterfly watching is rather useful to getting the names of the Ts correct. I am usually lurking on the forums and I've decided to register and start chatting with the folks here.

Cheers,
Mark

Akatsuki

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

My name is Sophie, and I'm from Ireland. I've had an interest in T's for almost 4 years. I finally got my first T for Christmas 2010, and have
been hooked ever since! After a few months of checking out the forums, I finally decided to register!

Erebus

Arachnosquire
Hi,

My name is Jayden and i've been interested in T's for a while. I got my first T (Grammostola rosea) last year. I'm currently saving to get some more T's.

Anansi12

Arachnosquire
Hello fellow arachnophiles! My name is Malcolm. I've stopped by threads here via Google searches numerous times, so I figured I may as well join. Like many (probably most) others, my first spider was a Chilean Rosehair. A second Rosie and a couple of scorpions were soon to follow, as well as various other exotic pets. I took a break for a couple years, but I'm back and more interested than ever.

anbuAburame

Arachnopeon
well im 24 yrs old...i have 8 ball pythons, 4 leopard geckos, 2 tokay geckos, 2 baby emperor scorpions, and in the last 4 months I have collected 8 T's...2 rosies (one rcf), a pinktoe, a chaco golden knee, a mexican fireleg, a salmon pink birdeater, a curly hair, and just yesterday i got a 2 inch "OBT" :) the rosies are both 3 1/2 to 4 inch, the pinktoe is almost 3 inches, and the rest are 1 inch, cept the birdeater its about 1 cm lol...im here because every time i search something in google it brings me here so i figured its easier to just start here...me and my gf love exotic animals and love to hear peoples opinions about all sorts of stuff to do with them...happy to be here

derp105

Arachnopeon
Hey my name is Peter, I signed up because I love tarantulas, and I have a Brachypelma Boehmei and a couple of Dubia roaches. But I will be getting more tarantulas in the near future!

GetitGooty

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hello! I Am Geri - I am 27, I have 10 Tarantulas - 5 slings, 1 adult and 4 sub adults! I also have horses and breed/Show Rottweilers! I love the exotic colored spiders! I am raising and building my collection and eventually ( after much more research ) want to try my hand at breeding! These forums are a great source of information!

dwise8594

Arachnopeon
Hello eveyone

Just figured I would say hello to everyone, been on here for a few weeks now and interacted with a few folks. Been in the hobby since i was 12 or 13 started by going to reptile shows and buying anything I could get my little hands on, lol. Then life kicked in when I turned 20, left for college and my pets got sold to friends and local pet stores. 10 years later i'm getting back in the game and forgot how much fun this all is.

Buck0525

Arachnopeon
'Ello

Hi, I'm Jeff. I began my obsession young with the wolf spider. Then the first time I saw a tarantula, I knew this was going to be my life-long hobby. Every day is a learning experience watching these amazing creatures. Cheers, have a good day everyone!

Al3s

Arachnopeon
Hi guys. I'm from Spain, 30 years old and new to the hobby :happy:. On 18th July arrived my 1 year 8 months old Brachypelma smithi and i'm very happy with her (or him, i don't know yet). I usually don't post in forums but i wanted to say hi because it looks like a lot of nice people around here.

spidergirl17

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi my name is Niki and my fiance and I just picked up a Chilean Rose Hair Tarantula yesterday. I have been doing a lot of research about tarantulas is general and stumbled upon this forum. I hope to learn a lot about my new little pet.

exinsectphob

Arachnopeon
Albuq, NM - Hello, I joined to ask advice on removing a Black Widow and her eggs from current location above my front door. I confess that 1 year ago I would have used pesticide or some implement to remove immediately. But my attitudes are changing; live, learn, and let live, ok? Also, to overcome my bug 'phobia', I now endeavor to catch my house guests and pop them outside, (not easy for a bug phobe!) & read up on the species that are regulars inside my house. As a result, I enjoy my OUTDOOR house guests, especially the web weavers, and feel superior to my ignorant neighbors, lol... But this is 1st time for me willing to RE-HOME a Widow.
(FYI: Yes, my 1st post- I joined to get advice on the widow but I am going to stick around bc this is all very interesting. We've got regular centipede varieties, solf's, funnel weavers, wolf spiders, small scorpions, and Jerusalem crickets, etc cruising around, all of them pretty cool (but still make my skin crawl!)I have some great pictures! Ill post im time. Peace.

Last edited:

MattyMoff

Arachnopeon
HI Im Matt

Hey everyone , im matt and from Surfers Paradise , Queensland , Australia . came across this forum while looking up Invertebrates as i have an interest in all these creepy crawlys . as a kid i had always had alot of creatures . to name some .Green tree frog , Blue tongue Lizard , rhinoceros beetle,Huntsman spider , golden orb spider , and anything i could find really . at the moment i currently have 2 large desert scorpions (urodacus yaschenkoi) and 3 baby one's , and will be adding to my collection next week . me4.jpg IMG_1354.jpg so thats me and thats one of my scorpions maximus ( he is quite aggressive )

bull04

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hey, my name is Beau. I'm 16 years old and I'm from Eagle Mountain, Utah.

I sorta picked up tarantula owning to get over my arachnophobia, but I realized a couple weeks ago that it's much more amazing than that. I'm sorta addicted.

I can't wait to get a 3rd T! I've only owned tarantulas, and haven't had any other exotic pets.

I have:
1 Grammostola rosea named "Sasha" (around 3"-3 1/2" big.)
1 Brachypelma smithi sling named "Natalia" (Only about 1/4" big.)

GuyFawkes

Arachnopeon
Hello, my names Mike and I just picked up a Avicularia metallica today so after lurking here for a year or two I thought I'd sign up.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and sharing my experiences with Tarantulas and Reptiles, and just generally having fun.

See ya around the forums!

Volfgang

Arachnopeon
Hi people, my name is Uros live in Serbia (Belgrade) and teraristika year deal. I am 16 years old, 17 soon :D. On this forum I learned a lot about spiders and scorpions :).My pet :pandinus imperator, Heterometrus petersii, Pantherophis guttatus, and Grammostola pulchripes :) . I apologize if my sentences are difficult to understand, I do not know to speak good English and therefore I use a translator (Google translate)

This is me, and these snakes are not mine :D

This is my favorite pet Pandinus imperator :)

Last edited:

BigOsol

Arachnopeon
greetings!

Hi guys and gals, I'm Fritz, I'm new in this hobby, i also have tarantula's and scorpion for a beginner like me, i also have 2 baboon tarantulas and 2 p. irminia's. i'm also easy to get along with. :happy: