Introduce Yourself

optimist

Arachnopeon
New to forum

Greetings all, my name is Helene and I live in Frisco, Texas just outside of Dallas. I just came here to check out some pics of scorpions. I'm not a hobbyist, and in fact I have been stung twice by them (not fun); although once I did keep one, Sparky, for a couple weeks. Its been over a year since I (dare I say this here) an exterminator has visited my home, and he informed me I have at least two different species of scorpions, probably breeding in my attic! Things have been "quiet" for a while, but all of a sudden I have been finding several molts (or whatever you call the covering the juveniles shed). I wanted to invite, with all seriousness, anyone around DFW with a real interest in acquiring some scorpions (at least 2 species) at no charge to collect what they want (I do have a black light) before I bring an exterminator back in. Also, if physically able to move a large wardrobe in a closet, may find some black widows and assortment of wolf spiders (largest about 3 cm).

TexasTreeViper

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello AB,

My name is Brance. As my nickname suggests, I'm from Texas and I'm into arboreal vipers. I have been keeping and breeding them the past 7 yrs and currently maintain a fairly large collection consisting of many different species. I also keep a few species of terrestrial vipers and elapids.

I started keeping Ts 2 yrs ago when I bought an A. versicolor sling at a reptile expo. A year later I bought my next T, an adult B. smithi. Two weeks ago, I purchased my 3rd T, a P. irminia and now hooked.

belladonna

Arachnopeon
New here

Hey I'm Jessica and I just got my first T yesterday. I can't wait to come into the community. I love figure skating, my cat, and my tarantula belladonna.

Jwest

Arachnopeon
Hello all im new to the boards I have been researching all I can about tarantulas. My 7 year old son loves spiders and wanted one for his birthday we bought him a Rosea. I have never been a spider guy I mean i have never went out of my way to smash them and have always been intrigued by them. Now it has become an obsession. I'm looking forward to a few T's of my own.

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
My name is JD and I've kept reptiles and inverts for quite a while but have only recently joined the community here. I am looking forward to being able to join discussions about creatures I care deeply about with other folks who understand this passion.

indecent

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone,
My name is Kyle and my obsession with T's started a little over 8 years ago when I picked up a G. Rosea at a pet store that knew nothing about it. Needless to say I knew nothing about them at that point either. So I named him Herbie, come to find out after some research Herbie is a she. I was 16 then and went into the Marine Corps, Mom kept her for me the 5 years I was in and she was reunited with me not to long ago. I'm curious to see how long she lives considering I've had her for 8 years and she was about full grown when I picked her up. Now that I'm out I'm trying to get a collection going right now all I have is "Herbie" (my anorexic pet rock) and an adolescent A. Versicolor I picked up at a reptile show a few weeks ago. Currently I'm living in Northern Virginia and the reason I joined is to interact with other people that love this amazing little bugs.

jumpdoggy

Arachnopeon
Hi from jumpdoggy

Hi,

I live in England & have kept various arachnids over the years.
I enjoyed an afternoon at the BTS expo in Birmingham & go most years..
As always, I ended up buying a couple of new housemates, there are now three Tarantula's living with me. Bought one today that i am struggling to identify, off a French trader. He did tell me the Latin name but I'm not good at remembering them
I will try to post a photo or two of her in the appropriate forum;)

Scolopendra777

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi im jon iv been a member on here befor as arachnobreed or something like that any way i keep tarantulas , scorpions , centipedes , true spiders any thing really oh and snakes been keeping exotic pets for around 7 years and had an intrest since i was 9 i also happen to have autism thanks =)

peskyfish

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

My name is Andy.

I just purchased my first 2 Tarantulas! I'm excited as all heck to be getting into this hobby and to make matters worse, I live a couple blocks from one of the top Tarantula dealers in the country!:D I live in the Los Angeles area and I work in the Marine Aquarium Trade, I sell salt water coral, fish and inverts wholesale to store across the country. I have been in this industry for 20 years so if any body has and questions on that, I'm happy to help because I know I will have plenty of questions on T's!

I'm looking forward to all this hobby has for me!

Cheers!

Andy

Mr Goodkat

Arachnopeon
Well Hello there!!

Thought I'd better come along and say "Hi".

As you cen tell I'm new to these boards and fairly new to the hobby. Everytime I was looking for some info on a T 8/10 there was something posted here about what I was looking for, so thought I'd better join up and just cut to the chase.

Well my names Jim! I live in bonnie Scotland :D and like I said I'm fairly new to the hobby.

Hope to get talking to some of you soon :cool:

Jim

promenadeadeux

Arachnopeon
Hello guys and gals...

B. Vance here. I'm glad to be getting into this scene. I'm mainly interested in buying and breeding scorpions but I've always been intrigued by invertebrates - especially amphibians and arachnids - since I was a young child.

I noticed this thread called "Introduce Myself" so I figured it would be a good place to... introduce myself.

I hope that I'll be able to get full(er) access to this board. I just tried to reply to a thread about Rhopalurus junceus that are (or at least were) for sale, to see if any from that colony continue to be available to be ordered. I'm very interested in buying Rhopalurus junceus and Rhopalurus princeps.

From what I've seen, heard and read secondhand, these are very neat and I want to study their behavior firsthand (albeit well-gloved!).

Last edited:

Organophosphate

Arachnopeon
HI, just joined although I have been a long time lurker. I have a few Ts and a collection of Cimicidae (bed buds as they are commonly called) from around the world. Cimex Pilosellus is my all time favorite!

arachnahoe

Arachnopeon
Hello

My name is David ... I love T's and Boas... I hope I can make some friends here and learn as much as I can... See Ya!!!

Robin Da Hood

Arachnopeon
What old is new again....

Hi all! Joe here, well met. Lived in Texas for most of my life. When I was 7 years old I came upon my first T. This was in Arizona. He was about 8", would fill out a paperplate. He or she was black legged and back abdomen with a golden carapace. Had the T for a few days and returned it to the wild. This started my fascination with T's.

Well, a few years later and now with my daughter the same age, we just picked up a Rose Hair. She, I think, is about 3 inches long. Will post a pic soon. I am hoping for so interesting times with our new T. Glad to become part of the gang. Have been lurking for a few days and re-familiarizing myself with these fascinating creatures. Will try to harbor my daughters I interest in thses wonderful creatures. Thanks again, for this wonderful site.

Joe- :)

Meecht

Arachnosquire
Howdy. I'm Daniel from Kentucky (yeehaw).

I'm a Network Technician for a local bank. In my spare time I like to play video games and play with my dog.

I've wanted a tarantula for a long time, but the associated social stigma, time, money, and uncertainty as to which type has kept me from doing so. Ever since I bought my Vietnamese centipede (Scolopendra subspinipes), though, my drive has been renewed. Unfortunately, I need to wait until I get rid of some other critters before I can have room to properly house a T, which I'm planning on being a B. smithi.

STi

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. Just joined today but arachnoboards has been a great resource for me in the past. I'm looking forward to becoming a better keeper with everyones help.

Lula10

Arachnopeon
*shy hello*

Hello, I'm Jess :) I'm completely new to the whole tarantula thing. I have a four month old Chilean Rose 'red phase' spiderling called Tallulah, it's probably not a female but I just love that name haha. I love anything different and collecting Tarantulas I suppose is different to having a cat or a dog.
I'm one for asking questions so if I get annoying please tell me haha, I love to learn new things and enjoy seeing different Tarantula's. Oh and I love music. Cant play an instrument to save my life though.
I do have another tarantula but its so small I've asked my friend (who is experienced in looking after Tarantulas) to look after it for me until its a bit bigger. That one is a martinique pink toe and its gorgeous, I cant explain the colour of it. :) Any way thats pretty much me. xx

wood

Arachnopeon
hello everyone

i'm sam here; i'm into tarantulas and have been in the hobby since like last october. i've had a rose hair but it passed away and own two new tarantulas proudly. i look forward to getting to know alot of good t lovers.