Arachnopeon
Hello everybody from Russia, I'm 25 years old
I've started collect T one year ago.
I wish to start breeding some T

p.s. I am an arachno-haulic!

TheraphosaRoel

Arachnopeon
It's me

Hi there, my name is Roel, i'm 32 yo and got 3 kids and a 4th expecting in July. I live with my girlfriend in Sittard, the Netherlands. I got 32 tarantula's (mainly Brazilian species) at this time and a few hundred spiderlings from a succesfull mating of my N. chromatus. I got T's now for over 2 years and i started breeding with them recently. 3 other species i got mated last month are G. rosea, G. alticeps and B. vagans. Next month hopefully N. coloratovillosus. If you wanna know more just ask ;)

T800

Arachnopeon
Hi

hi im from england and have 10 spiders including an OBT, 4 G.Rosea, 1 B Smithi, 1 B. Vagens, 1 x Tiger Rump - Small (Cyclosternum fasciatum),1 x Brazil Striped - Small (Nhandu chromatus), 1x Giant White Knee - Small (Acanthoscurria geniculata).
my want list is a GBB and colbolt blue. Santa i hope your listening.:

chuwanka

Arachnopeon
new to this hobby

hey my name is freddy nothing much to say just got my first spider lil b.smithi like a week ago love him so much, live neer san deigo im 16 years old want to own a animal store some day.

well ill see you guys later bye;P

Hotttmommi

Arachnopeon
Hey From Georgia

HI i am Sheri a stay at home mom of two boys (4 and 2). I am trying to teach them that no matter what it is if it has life it has a purpose and deserves respect. And I am starting at the smallest level. They both enjoy anything that moves and we are looking to add to our small collection of inverts. Any help or advice with any info on P. Imperator would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to meeting others on this board.

We currently have
12 chickens
1 ball python
1 mouse
1 adult male Madagascar Hisser
1 adult female madagascar Hisser
undetermined count on the young ones
Looking to get a P. Imperator

Last edited:

kyle_dj82

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone this is my first post on this board but I've been lurking for awhile. I figured I would rather be known and get to know some of ya'll. I've been keeping T's for about 5 years now and I'm looking to start a communal tank with H. Incei as my next project. How are you doing?

Stitch_geevi

Arachnopeon
hi, im stitch.
been signed up here for a while, but i spent more time on arachnochat since they could give me faster answers.

im pretty new to the "hobby".. only got one G.Rosea, a mature F by the name of Sydney (yes i treat my T like a pet.. laugh if you want, she actually has a positive response to it, and frankly, so does my soul.. lol).
She was a WC i rescued from a petstore, and what i like to call my "practice T".. im now in the process of looking for my second, prefferably a blue colored one (i have a real greedy eye on the p.metallica, but im not sure im ready for it)

anyway, thats me. im sure i'll be making pleanty of people laugh with my dumb questions, but i'd rather be laughed at than get the wrong T or have my current one die of bad care. :rolleyes:

vespertine

Arachnopeon
Hi people!

I'm kind of new to tarantulas with only 2 1/2 years of experience. I never thought I would have a T, but one day I was on the phone with a friend and she was telling me about how her boyfriend had picked one up somewhere and gave it to her as a gift. I suppose it was just an impulse buy for him and she didn't want anything to do with it. She was keeping it in a deli cup so small it could barely turn around and she said she was planning to dump it because it grossed her out. As a friend of all creatures, I couldn't allow that to happen so I offered to take it in. It turned out to be a 5" female g. rosea. I'd never seen a T up close and I was stunned by how beautiful they were. I took her home and named her Floyd and that was the beginning of my love of tarantulas.

For a while it was just me and Floyd but last month I adopted a juvenile a. geniculata whom I named Gary and last weekend I bought a g. pulchripes sling (whose name is Stella) from Tarantula Canada. I'm planning to add one more to my little collection before I head off to college and eventually I'll get a few more once I'm settled.

Anyways just wanted to introduce myself. So far I've learned tons of useful information from this site but I hope to learn a lot more about these fascinating and misunderstood creatures.

Cheers!

Alien

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody! I am Andrew.
I do not have a Tarantula yet but I will have mine in 2 weeks. It will be a Poecilotheria Ornata, adult female 16-18cm. :worship:
I love this board, it is the best in the web.

Long life to ypur hairy beasts!

arachnoobie

Arachnopeon
hey everyone, I am marshall from vancouver.
I only have a G.rosea and an emp scorp soon to be many more T's though!

DooM_ShrooM

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im signed up here quite a while and im not so new in the "passion" im 15 years old my name is randolf...i own 2 rosies and a cobalt blue:D

i like exotic pets:D i also have a water dragon and snake...:D

Arborius

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm new to arachnoboards. I look forward to talking with you. I'm quite interested in Arachnology, and I hope to learn from those more knowledgeable than myself during my time here.

TerrariumPets09

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello,
Just back on the forum again, wanted to introduce. My name is Keith Campbell. I've been into the ectotherms for over 25 years or so, growing up in the swamps of South Louisiana. I spent almost four years with the Nashville Zoo soaking up as much knowledge and experience as possible, with over a hundred species under my care. I've still kept a few creatures around who I've picked up along the way. Through work and the educational presentations of the past there are still over 50 tarantula\scorpion species, eleven or so roach species, and a dozen plus reptile and amphibian species squeezed into our little home on the hill. That on top of two dozen chickens and homeschooling two of our five kids, my wife and I are always movin, there's plenty to do around here. We just got back on the Stone Age technology train and have dial up Internet and a land line phone, so I figured I'll get back into the scene via computer. That about sums it up, got to do some nocturnal stuff to do around here.
Catch ya'll later!

bluemerlyn78

Arachnopeon
Hello! New to T's

Good Morning!

I did not like spiders until I held my first T ( A rosy to be exact) on a whim at a S.FL pet shop. I bought a pink toe (possible a female) who is Charlotte, later that week at the same pet shop. A month or so later; I got 2 more at another pet shop, and they are a Cobalt blue and a Green Bottle Blue ( Cobalt is Candy and Ginger is the Green) and I am in love with these amazing creatures!

I also have a family of crested geckos, leopard geckos, 2 gargoyle geckos, 2 pictus geckos 3 fish tanks, 2 salamandars, 2 ball pythons, a fat tail gecko and oh yeah a boston terrior just to prove my boyfriend and I are not insane..kinda..

I can't wait to share stories and learn all I can about my trio of T's !

JeffG

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards :D ;P

Posting some pics of Blue's spiders for her...

Last edited:

brownj6709

Arachnopeon
New to the hobby

Hi im Josh, just got into the hobby about 6months ago when i bought my 1st 'T' (eupalaestrus campestratus 2") from a local pet store. am now lookin to add to my collection :p

spinnymommy

Arachnopeon
hello

I"m new here, just joined yesterday. I am a foster mom to 12 tarantulas. My son moved out and can't keep them where he is living now. He comes by every two weeks to feed them. HA! That way I am guaranteed a visit at least that often!

I'm disabled and stuck at home. I've become attached to the critters. I used to be afraid of them.

I live with my wonderful husband of 27 years. I have 2 grown children and one teen. - and two beautiful grandchildren. In addition to the spiders, we also have a beagle mix and a golden retriever.

gromgrom

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm new here, just thought I'd post in a topic about being new. Have been lurking for a while and just thought I'd make an account to ask questions and give answers. I'm getting deep in a hobby of keeping scorpions that has always interested me.