Introduce Yourself

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
What up, lemme introduce myself

Hey, my name is Evan, Im 20 years old. I live in Southern Arizona right now. Grew up in Hawaii. I have 3 tarantulas i care for so far. And a huge wish list. Im facinated with tarantulas, and thankful for everyone else here with experience that i may learn alot from. I just recently got into them, i ve always liked them. But i hope to become an arachno hobbyist and inspire. Id like to say hi everybody and look forward to arachnoboards, meeting people and learning.:rolleyes: :) If you want to learn more about me give me a PM

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Noob

My name is Mickey and today I'm buying my first Tarantula....a B.Smithi. I have lived in Arizona since 1956...I'm an old guy LOL sooo I guess its never too late.:D

anikaisbff

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey All Im New And I Want To Hav Friend Or I Mean Make Friend Im Looking For People That Sell Tarntulas I Really Want A Blue Fang Plz Thank U All I Love T S And

Goodbye I Hope I Make Awesome Friends

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
Hey guys.

Apparently your records show that I've never posted before! So here goes!

I've always kept mostly native spiders (love keeping various Tegenaria, hence my name), and finally bought my first T (N. chromatus) last week. Good to know I've finally found a place where I can find real info on caring for individual tarantulas (not just copy + paste G. rosea info), seeing as how I'm now interested in getting more. You guys weren't kidding when you said these thing were addictive.

Just in case it gets out of hand though... There isn't a TA(Tarantuholics Anonymous), is there?:p

Raidenlight

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

Raiden here and im from the philippines. im just starting to keep Ts and now im addicted to them lol! I currently have b.albo, b.smithi and g.rosea rcf and planning to own more! :D

MarkG

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

Im Mark im from Atlanta GA ive owned scorpions for a little over 2 years and im fascinated by all of them.

<RavenWolf>

Arachnopeon
Hello!!

Hello :D my name is Eva and yup Im new here ...:eek:

I currently own 12 T's and am planning to start my first communal set up within the week ...<GulP>

I currently own
1x Tapinauchenius purpureus (juvey)
2 x Grammastola rosea (slings)
2 x Brachypelma vagans (slings)
1 x Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (juvey)
1 x Lasiodora Klugi (juvey)
1 x OBT (juvey)
1 x Avicularia versicolor (sling)
1 x Brachypelma albopilosum (juveys)
1 x Psalmopoeus irminia (juvey)
1 x Currently unknown/unidentified "West African Baboon Spider" (juvey):?

Anyways I really enjoyed it thus far and yup I have learned a lot:rolleyes:

kwilso1

Arachnopeon
hey

My name is kendall i am a 21yr old college student and i just bought an Avicularia avicularia or pink toe if i messed that up. I started collecting all things spider a year or two ago and i decided to buy a real one less then a week ago. I am way out of my element and probably got the wrong starter T , but i couldn't resist her ( i think) little pink feet!

RCRachnids

Arachnopeon
Hi.

Hi all,

For my girlfriend's birthday last week, I opted to get her a "Pick Out Your Critter" coupon, so to speak. She had tarantulas for years, but had to give them up because of living restrictions a couple of years ago. I'm new to things, but have learned lots the past couple of weeks. I imagine I'll learn lots more with the new addition to the household. (Which, BTW, was chosen to be a juvy-adult female B. Smithi. I think she picked a good starter tarantula because she wants me to be okay with the hobby. If I know my woman, we'll have a dozen more in no time. :) )

One thing I wanted to mention was how impressed I am with the community. The "Reviews" section is a fantastic testament to this. Props.

Hmmm...what else?
~Brad

P.S. FYI,
RCRachnids ---> R.C. = River City = St. Louis, MO

andy k

Arachnopeon
Hello All

I have just got my first Poeciltheria pederseni.

Do not know the age, though it is about 2.5" diagonally. The sex is unknown, so I will in time post a pick so we may determine its sex.

I had it for about two weeks, it has already ate about 6 crickets yesturday and a week prior a pinky. How often can i feed it pinkys?!?

The temperature is stable at 77f & a humidity of 75%. If these should be altered, please let me know!

It is a quick pissy little thing, the first day home in its vivarium. It stuck its abdonem up in the air and sprayed the glass where I just closed the door!!!! lol ... sure made its presence known. Has started to weave a web now as well!! whoot whoot

Any advice on quantities of pinky feeding and confirmation of temperature and humidity will be greatly appreciated, thanxs.
Andy K

mortar516

Arachnopeon
Three weeks ago if someone said that I was going to purchase a tarantula, I would have said they were crazy. Following a conversation with a co-worker, who previously owned tarantulas, I did some research. One look at a B. Smithi and I strangely found myself saying how beautiful it looked. The icing on the cake was when I learned that this is a great tarantula for beginners. Needless to say, I just received my B. Smithi (3") yesterday and couldn't be happier.

Just wanted to thank everyone on this forum. The knowledge that I have gained in such a short time from reading the many posts is immeasureable. Thanks for helping to educate someone who knew absolutely nothing about caring for a tarantula.

mickey66

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Noob

My name is Mickey.....I joined a few days ago and have been lurking for the most part....My first encounter with a T was when I was in high school I went up north to Prescott, Az with my Dad to help build a cabin in the pines when I came across one crossing a dirt road....a male on the prowl....cut to the chase some 40 or so years later a few nights ago watching TV (discovery channel)as a matter of fact a program about T's This guy was going all over the world trying to collect T's leaving his supportive wife at home....now that's rare, I think, don't you? Anyway,something clicked with me and I found a Breeder/Dealer within 10 mins drive from me so I went over to his shop and bought a B.Smithi....something must have come over me:rolleyes: so it begins:D

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello..

Where to start... My name is Debbie, I'm 25, and I have lurked around here a bit lately so I finally decided to make an account. I'm trying to get my hubby to join with me so.. maybe he will. :)

We currently own five T's... G. rosea (he had a bad molt so the poor thing probably isn't long for this world :(), P. irminia, Avic acvic, B. emilia, and P. regalis... will be getting an H. lividum in a week or so, then hoping to get an A. Purpurea, and an A. versicolor in the near future (among others). We also own a Pueblan Milksnake and... a cat :D.

Thanks for your time, we'll probably meet in another thread somewhere! lol

Last edited:

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm Travis, 22, from Wisconsin. Long time tarantula lover but only recently a owner. I've been lurking on this board on and off for over a year but only just joined when a respected person suggested I do so to tap into this knowledge base.

Tarantism

Arachnopeon
New Here - Hi!

Hey everyone! I'm new to not only this forum, but forums in general. So good luck, right? Anyway, I am excited to join arachnoboards!
All growing up I was into the creepy, the crawly, the slithery, and of course the fluffy. My husband, however, was the one who introduced me to the colorful world of tarantulas. While I've helped to take care of his growing collection, I am finally starting my own. Tomorrow I am receiving my own Avicularia avicularia slings and I can't wait to raise them up!

Dragonfroggy

Arachnopeon
Hey, well where do you begin. I'm Julie and my wonderful husband started me down this crazy road. I always said "NO WAY" to T's and he kept on me in a kind and gentle way to look into it. He said "do some research". So I did thanks to you guys out there and other T loving people. I have to say I am hooked!
We have 6 different kinds, all New Worlds at this time. I think my fave's are the A. metalic and A. versicolour and my G. pulchra and... ah heck they are all my fave's.
Anyway thanks everyone for your knowledge and passion. I am proud to be a part of this community.

{{{Julie}}}

Makapo

Arachnopeon
Well, hello, I'm Matt from Utah. I've kept tarantulas in the past and I just got a Emperor Scorpion a few weeks ago, and I'm looking as much information as possible. Also looking for info on T's as I'd like to get more.

Araneus

Arachnopeon
Hi there people!!!!! My name is Miguel and I am here to learn it all!!!!. I am a complete beginner to venomous appreciation but I am there for the long haul on learning this trade, in my opinion (which is actually not an opinion but an absolute truth lol) this is 1 of the most exiting and EXOTIC hobbies in our world today that 1 can take on. I would really enjoy chatting with many of you for years to come, I have many interests that I believe many of you will be interested at hehe!, I am a reptile, arachnid, aquamarine, and mammalian enthusiast which I have big plans on buying my 1rst green anaconda asap.(1rst of many many snakes to come in time!!!) carnivorous plants and bonsai culturing is another that I am pursuing, I have plenty of books, I enjoy cars and bikes (02 camaro, 76 coupe deville, zx 14 ninja, chopper & ducati are some of my favs) wine, champagne, liquor I am liking (though I don't know much yet)computers and electronics, chess is my game, I am a very big antique enthusiast, my 3 favorite subjects are art, science, physics, philosophy, psychology and more science, I'm planning to learn how to play the harp, music i do enjoy, weapons from ancient to the ar15 i do like, currently I am a member of 14 different forums (which will increase) and I have hopes on becoming a successful investor. ENOUGH!!! of this nerd stuff!!! lol I am a true Dragonball, Simpsons, and Gundam fan as well yes yes I will someday win the title of having the "Most complete Simpsons collection" it is more important than anything!!!!. I'd like to gain support on this ARACHNO library that I am trying to build, I have posted a thread on general tarantula discussions on mu book plans but it is now GONE!!!! please just message me what u know when u can THANKS!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wootwoot.gif)

Last edited:

Tegulicious

Arachnopeon
Adam

Hello my name is Adam and I'm 28 years old and very interested in scorpions. I currently have two, asian forest and black emperor. I've also had a desert hairy and a florida bark at one time. But I'm wanting to get something a little more "hot". I really like the Androctonus australis/ mauritanicus and I'm aware of what they can do. I love the way they look and they're probably my favorite species. I hope you guys can help me in finding one of these little devils. But anyway thats my first post ever on any site, please help me.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hello

Hi! my name is Ariel, I'm from middle-of-no where, Nebraska. I've had an unyeilding love for all creepy crawlers since before I can remember. Back when I lived in florida, (so when I was a real little tyke) my love for spiders started as my mom and I searched for banana spiders to scare my dad with. ^^ I first really got to see a tarantula when I was in 3rd grade. after that it took me eleven years to convince my dad to let my have my own. Now, 17, I bought my first tarantula back in march, a B. smithi I believe is female, her name is Marik. (cause I first though she was male). Just yesterday I bought my second tarantula, an A. avicularia, his name is Bullet. I have asperations to later be the proud owner of scorpians and millipedes, but for now, my dads drawn a line at spiders. Unlike Marik, who I bought from a breeder, I bought Bullet from the local petstore. BAD IDEA. I'm not sure, but recently seeing him with his underside to the glass, I'm fairly certain he's a sexually mature male.