Introduce Yourself

Avicularia-UK

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone!!

I'm from London (UK) and a relatively new T keeper!! I got my first T when I decided to buy one to get over my fear of spiders!! I keep reptiles mainly but hope to be a really good spider keeper one day!!

J xx

sunscarab93

Arachnopeon
Hello!

Hello! I'm from Georgia. I just got into T keeping last November and am up to 12 so far. I have a MS in entomology and have always loved bugs:worship: . Most of mine are slings so I can't wait to see them full grown. I used to be terrified of spiders but when I got into entomology I kept a few black widows which helped me get over some of the fear. Keeping taranatulas though has completed the journey to being completely and totally fascinated by spiders. I wish I had T's a long time ago.

Cheers

mandelicious

Arachnopeon
Hey im Mandi from Phoenix. Im not new to this forum I was under the name Julesee that I shared with someone else, so I decided it was time to get my own name since im expanding my little family. I have about 8 tarantulas, 2 scorpions and a snake.

ajwilki

Arachnopeon
Hello fellow spider friends!

I am currently in working in Missouri, but I actually hail from Tennessee. I have had several rosies in my life and am ready for either a b cobalt or a blondi (maybe both:) My rosie shed last weekend and it went very well. She is absolutely beautiful and I am very proud!

crpy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
please excuse me if i am posting incorrectly...i haven't seen this format before--i'm a regular on livejournal.com and am used to seeing that every day.
well, if i works, here goes:
i am 19 years old and married to my wonderful army hubby who is 22. we have a son together, he just turned one in may.
we have been collecting tarantulas for a little over three years now, although it is not my choice hobby i am slowing becoming fond of it since i have been left to take care of our 12 tarantulas while he is deployed to iraq.
i really enjoy music a lot and intend to begin college this fall to pursue a major in it.
other than that, i am your typical martha stewart housewife.

i kinda find this funny, since i bought my husband his first tarantula...however i guess not all women are as easy going as me? lol.
hmm...let her know that the G. rosea is very common and non-threatening...they are not poisonous and generally, well don't do much but sit in their cages and collect dust i guess.
hey, i lived in MO at one point too. just thought that was cool.
and i see i did not post my entry correctly...how do i fix it?????
Seems you did OK to me.
He told you they are not venomous? hehe:razz:
cpy

Tituss

Arachnopeon
Hellow

My name is adam And new to all this i have so many ??? not sure where to start i have had Tarantulas before but its been quite some time.

Julie

Arachnopeon
Hi all, don't think I have introduced myself, I live in the UK, I don't keep T's at the mo (though I used to have quite alot) I have a 2 year old son, Jacob and I share a house with Jacob (obviously) and my partner and my various pets. Well hopefully I haven't bored you all ha ha ha {D

Pandora's box

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone. I found this site through a google site and i'm sure glad i did. I really like this site from what i've seen so far. I can't wait to post some pic's. Take care everyone.

deez8legz

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
intros please

hey all I'm Darin from Kansas City, KS and like most have found a fascinating new hobby in my Ts. I now have 5 after my latest aquisitions. 1 rose, 2 red knees (1 adult and 1 sling) 1 fire leg sling, 1 redleg slling, a curly that's my wifes', and a gold knee (g. aereostrata) also a sling. I wrecked my Harley last July and have been gimped up pretty much since (ruptured achilles) so why not.:razz:

misfit762

Arachnopeon
Hi!

Hello! I'm from Pittsburgh, but I'm stationed at Fort Bragg, North Carolina. I'm a Paratrooper in the U.S. Army. My girlfriend and I are getting ready to move to Fort Richardson, Alaska. We have 4 T's...a G. rosea named Babe Ruth, a B. vagans named Moe Howard, a C. fasciatum named Larry Fine, and a L. parahybana named Curly Howard. We are looking forward to getting more!

jettubes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
"gday Mates"

Gday
all
i from australia and own one centipede great little bugger loves to eat he is an ethmostigmus ruripes they get very big about 20cm mine in about 10cm now
i have a passion for conservation and love my surfing cant get enough of it.
cheers
alex

svamp_barn

Arachnopeon
high

my name is me, just got some Oiceoptoma thoracica! gonna breed them as hell! me like meat, they like meat, IT PURE LOVE!!! also got some eublaberus distanti a couple of months ago and theyre growing as hell!! tips anyone?? // David from Sweden ;P :clap: :clap: :clap: :cool: :p

sphinxdancer

Arachnopeon
hello ???

Hey my names Mya, and i joined this site for more knowledge o tarantulas so that when i getmine :D ill know what to do and ill still have help and stuff.... lol i really suck at these intro things lol :confused:

Tempo

Arachnopeon
Hello!
I'm Tempo (or Crystal) from Texas, right outside of Houston. I've wanted things like snakes, tarantula, scorpions etc. since I was what... 11? Now I'm trying get mother dearest into letting me keep a T and so far so good on that. Hopefully she'll allow me.
But whether she does or doesn't, I'm still researching the lovely inverts. I've been drowning in information and expect to continue...drowning in info. I thought joining the boards would be good for that. :)
Who knows, maybe I'll actually start the invert hobby after a while.

hamster whisper

Arachnopeon
very new person

Hello,
I just brought a rose hair tarantula into my eighth grade classroom last Friday. I also have two corn snakes, a Malaysian box turtle, about a dozen Madagascar hissing cockroaches, three gerbils, and 13 hamsters (dwarf and Syrian) plus two aquariums of fish.
I have read a lot about my tarantula, and did not feed him until this past Wednesday. I fed my snakes and had an extra pinky mouse, so I dropped it (frozen, thawed and warmed) into his home. At first he ran to the other side, but a little while later he was crouched over it feeding merrily away. This morning he was still crouched over it and the mouse was considerable reduced in size.
I bought the tarantula because I have had a lifelong fear of spiders, including a severe illness several years ago caused by a spider bite. But I have been reading lots of spider lore from different cultures and decided I needed to appease the spider gods and give arachnids another chance.
He is fascinating to watch! I have no regrets about him and am not creeped out at all. Except I do not plan to handle him.
Nice to be here!
Hamster Whisperer

amplexus

Arachnopeon
Hi from Argieland !

Hello people

Not really into caged arachnids but i´m well into seeing and photographing these chaps in the wild. However my knowledge is somewhat limited and could do with some help from some of you spider boffins :)

See you on the boards .......

Kev