Introduce Yourself

Harrod

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hello

Hello,
This is Nick from IL. I'm 25 and have been in the reptile and arachnid hobby for many years. I have bred various species of reptiles and am ready to give some of my T's a try. I'm glad to be here!

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
a quick hello

Hello,

I'm pretty new to the hobby. I ordered a grammotsola aureostriata immature from swifts last month and enjoyed her so much that I rushed out and picked up a P. facsiata sub adult from a local pet shop as well. I can't wait to start expanding my collection, and I'm excited to be a part of Arachnoboards. Nice to meet you all!!{D

DavidE721

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Greetings

Hello,

I just registered with arachnoboards the other day, and I have found that a number of the posts have been most informative. I have been keeping tarantulas and scorpions over the past forty years for the most part. Particularly the science behind these creatures is of interest to me, and I enjoy the ongoing process of learning about the various species.

As a kid, I used to visit Dr. Benjamin Kaston, a well known zoologist and arachnologist of the time, at San Diego State College (now SDSU). He taught me a great deal about tarantulas, scorpions, and many other arachnids. Indeed, he instilled in me a keen and life-long appreciation for these animals.

Good to be aboard.

DavidE721

JonnyK

Arachnopeon
Hey Everyone!

My name is, you guessed it Jonny! I am new to this site and hope to be apart of this community from now on! I've always been interested in all kinds of animals including the "creepy crawly" and I'm excited to start getting into them now! I love reptiles and I have ball pythons right now, I hope to increase my collection to many different species and morphs! One day I will get into breeding, I can't wait until the day I see little heads popping out of eggs, that would be the day! I am getting a pair of rose hairs tomorrow (by the time most of you see this I will already have them! :) ), and I'm so excited! I hope to learn more about these creatures and help people with the things that I learned and maybe even make some new friends on here! :)

rikimaku666

Arachnopeon
The New Guy!

Hey All,

First things first...... This is a "fountain of knowledge" for all things T!

About me: I'm from Swansea/sunny South Wales ( i wish! )

24 years old
Had my firt T at 10 (rose hair)
Now that i live away from home and can afford it i'm re-visiting my passion! :D

I know i'll need some help along the way so i'm really chuffed to find this forum! ( some of you guys have big brains )

Peace Out!

markface

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey yall . i'm mark and i've been keeping reptiles on and off for over 35 years . i just recently got my first couple T's , though i've been working with them at my job for the last year . i'm an assistant manager of the reptile department of a large privately owned exotic petshop . we also take care of the arachnids that are sold there as well . i've been doing alot of research on taratulas since i have to deal with them on a daily basis at work and finally decided to take the plunge .

i just found out about this place from another forum and from what i heard this is the place for info on anything to do with T's . i'm looking forward to some good reading .

Nikola

Arachnopeon
Hello to all from Croatia (Europe)... im a new member and i'm glad that i found this place on web.... for now i have only 3 spyders (Chromatus, Rosea and Aureostriata) but im working to improve my collection {D ... For now me and my whife keep reptiles for 3 years and we have 2x Chlamydosaurus Kingii, Pogonia Vitticeps, Furcifer Pardalis (Nosy Be), Hemidactylus Frenatus, Green Iguana., non-reptile pets are 4x english bulldogs, 2xferrets, lionhead rabbit and 2 kids :D That's it all from me folks for now....

PS: Sorry on my english, it's a little bit rusty, or i'm a little bit lazy :D

Rigga

Arachnopeon
Hi folks!
My name is Rick, i live in Derbyshire, England. Have been keeping T's since i was 10, so about 17 years now. Had allsorts of other beasties over the years too, reptiles , amphibians, inverts, small n furry and big n furry. Taken on lots of unwanted and abandoned animals in that time too.
Heard about this site on another forum and having had a bit of a nosey around now i think its fantastic! Theres such a wealth of knowledge and information on here! Glad to have found you all!

Iggy22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, my name is Naomi. I live in Long Island, New York. I have a G. Rosea named Chuck Norris (eight round house kicks to the face!) who is about 2 years old. I have owned two a.geniculata and 2 G. Roseas. I work for Marvel comics in NYC as an inker.

Elaine

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everyone

I'm Elaine and live in Scotland. I am new to the forum and also to Tarantulas. I got my first (a B. vagans) 2 weeks ago when it was left on my doorstep. I normally rescue parrots so someone must have thought I was into all critters. I have had to learn quickly but I'm totally hooked.
I have now purchased 2 more, a B. emilia juvenile approx 4cm and a G. aureostriata sling at 1.5cm small. All going well so far but I'm finding that they are rather addictive :eek:

NBond1986

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hello,

A good number of you already know me on venomlist.com

My true home is at VL, but I just wanted to try out AB, I know there's loads of information here.

At the moment, my collection consists of:

T's:
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana
0.1.0 Avicularia avicularia
0.0.1 Haplopelma lividum
0.0.1 Phormictopus cancerides
0.0.1 Psalmophoeus irminia
0.0.3 Psalmophoeus cambridgei
0.0.1 Poecilotheria ornata
0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
0.0.4 Pterinochilus murinus

Scorps:
0.0.16 Babycurus jacksoni
0.0.4 Pandinus imperator

True Spiders:
0.1.0 Latrodectus mactans
Many Latrodectus hesperus
And many others that I don't feel like listing :?

I recognize a lot of names here,and I look forward to meeting more hobbyists!

-Neshan

Neuroticvirus

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hi my name is Richard i live in Chattanooga TN and i have 2 Ts one is a Grammastola rosea which ive had for about.. 2 years now and the other is a
Brachypelma vagans im really thinking about making a hoppy out of Ts because i love to just sit there and watch them sometimes im not big on holding them mostly because i figure they just wanna be left alone and chill but im going to get me another T soon havent figured out what yet but yea thats pretty much it so everyone take it easy.

helclem

Arachnopeon
Hello everybody.

My name is Helen. I live in Australia, and dont have any Tarantulas. We don't actually have Tarantulas in Australia, we have Bird Eating spiders, which people call Tarantulas, and I don't think we are allowed to keep them. Not 100% sure on that though. But I just love spiders of any sort, my favourite being Tarantulas.;) I have travelled to South America and found a Tarantula, she was just so beautiful, even had 3 babies on her back. Then when I was in Peru, I found the Peruvian Pink Toed Tarantula, she was stunning. I am going to Borneo next week, and then to Africa in August, so I hope I have luck , ;) over in these places, to photograph spiders. I would love to hear from anyone, who would be interested in corresponding with me.

Cheers,

Helen

CWEBB04z

Arachnopeon
well, Im CWEBB04z, and I currently own a Tarantula (Rose Hair) and I am here to learn, and discuss about Tarantulas.