Introduce Yourself

RighteousLychas

Arachnopeon
Hey all!

I love scorpions and these forums always appear when I'm looking for advice on how to care for various scorpion species! so I finally decided to join up. Looking forward to learning from everyone!

I'm based in Australia, so I keep only Aussie species but they. are. AMAZING. I've got a special love for communal Lychas, hence, my username.

Currently keeping Lychas Variatus, Lychas Marmoreus Nigriscens, Lychas Jonesae, Lychas Lappa, Lychas Buchari, Australobuthus xerolimniorum, Isometroides Vescus, Isometroides Angusticaudus, Urodacus Manicatus, Urodacus Elongatus, Cercophonius, and Homurus!

image_50738433.JPG image_50730497.JPG image_50724865.JPG image_50415361.JPG image_50439937.JPG

444 critters

Arachnosquire
Hey all!

I love scorpions and these forums always appear when I'm looking for advice on how to care for various scorpion species! so I finally decided to join up. Looking forward to learning from everyone!

I'm based in Australia, so I keep only Aussie species but they. are. AMAZING. I've got a special love for communal Lychas, hence, my username.

Currently keeping Lychas Variatus, Lychas Marmoreus Nigriscens, Lychas Jonesae, Lychas Lappa, Lychas Buchari, Australobuthus xerolimniorum, Isometroides Vescus, Isometroides Angusticaudus, Urodacus Manicatus, Urodacus Elongatus, Cercophonius, and Homurus!

View attachment 468864 View attachment 468865 View attachment 468866 View attachment 468867 View attachment 468868
Not sure what species that 4th pic is, but they look awesome

trvespider

Arachnopeon
Hello, I've lurked the forum for a while but just now signed up. I used to be pretty big into the hobby but mostly left it a couple years ago. I've been looking to get back into the hobby but I've run into some money troubles so I figured id take home some spiders and such from in my local area and post detailed threads on how their cared for/their behavior since it seems like there's a distinct lack of that for true spiders. Right now i just have a T. Albo and a T. Rasti as well as a crab spider of some sort I caught on a hike.

TheraMygalo

Arachnopeon
Hi!

I'm Erica, I am from the province of Quebec. They made fun of me when I was a kid because I would spend my time feeding the spiders. It never occurred to me that I wasn't the strange one. I decided to join Arachnoboards to learn as much as I can, get in touch with local enthusiasts and share my passions with like-minded humans. I speak French and English, and I am in the process of getting my first tarantulas. I like to do a lot of research and take it probably to seriously. I am a gardener and tree planter by trade, so I always get to see something different, sometimes I bring strange friends home. I am a shy person but if and once you've crawled up the wall of trust, good luck shutting me up. I look forward to having many interesting discussions and maybe making some new friends at the same time.

Long happy lives and health,
Cheers

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi!

I'm Erica, I am from the province of Quebec. They made fun of me when I was a kid because I would spend my time feeding the spiders. It never occurred to me that I wasn't the strange one. I decided to join Arachnoboards to learn as much as I can, get in touch with local enthusiasts and share my passions with like-minded humans. I speak French and English, and I am in the process of getting my first tarantulas. I like to do a lot of research and take it probably to seriously. I am a gardener and tree planter by trade, so I always get to see something different, sometimes I bring strange friends home. I am a shy person but if and once you've crawled up the wall of trust, good luck shutting me up. I look forward to having many interesting discussions and maybe making some new friends at the same time.

Long happy lives and health,
Cheers
Welcome!

GrimSavage

Arachnopeon
Hi there,
New to the group and new to spiders. Got a Brazilian Blue sling for my first spider. I was told when I purchased him he was about 5 days out of molt. Re housed him when I got him home and 5ish days later he has now sealed himself off lol. Looking forward to seeing him one day soon hopefully!

SpooderMooder23

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm Kell and I'm in the UK.
I've been keeping tarantulas for nearly a year now. We currently have a collection of 30 tarantulas.
I'm a big fan of old worlds, specifically old world baboons.
I'm wanting to eventually breed a few different species.
Currently, me and my partner are setting up our own tarantula room as we have ran out of space on the shelving 😂

Would be nice to meet other UK folks 😊

mikewa

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am glad to meet everyone, my name is Mike, 36 years old, I hope to make friends with you.

hazelbag

Arachnopeon
Hey, new to the hobby. Always been curious and intrigued by Ts. Got my first Lasiodora Klugi (sling). Hoping to give it a good life and as I work from home and mostly alone having him as my “work buddy” on my desk

Tarantulaaaaaalala

Arachnopeon
Hello, got my first little sling about 2 or 3 weeks ago, new to Tarantulas, new to arachnoboards.
Decided to pick a Brachypelma Boehmei as first sling. Kinda wanted a juvenile but couldn't find one at the time unless it was a sling... and being scared of spider so I figured seeing it grow will help than starting right away with a big fuzzy thing :rofl:

I'm French but live in the US (Texas)

Attachments

dogsmell

Arachnopeon
hi! i'm frankie. ive been interested in spiders/inverts for a while now, and i got kickstarted on keeping spiders when one of the kids i teach found a tan jumping spider and we decided to keep it. he has since escaped (rascal!!) but im excited to keep learning about the hobby. ive been really into dave's little beasties on youtube, and i love his calm and gentle approach to his little guys. so while i wait to move so that i have more space to keep a little one, im doing a ton of research!! feel free to chat anytime!!!

plantsfood

Arachnopeon
hello! I go by weasel online, so that's what you can call me :)
I live in the northeast US & am very new to Ts. previously I've just been into researching all sorts of arthropods, but recently the urge to get one of these fuzzy little critters has been growing, so here I am to do research and lurk around. hopefully you all will hear some more from me soon when I get a sling!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
hi! i'm frankie. ive been interested in spiders/inverts for a while now, and i got kickstarted on keeping spiders when one of the kids i teach found a tan jumping spider and we decided to keep it. he has since escaped (rascal!!) but im excited to keep learning about the hobby. ive been really into dave's little beasties on youtube, and i love his calm and gentle approach to his little guys. so while i wait to move so that i have more space to keep a little one, im doing a ton of research!! feel free to chat anytime!!!
Plenty of good info here

lowbudgetjunk

Arachnopeon
A friend of mine told me about this forum after I was bitten by a brown recluse last week. Turns out I am the special one that got all the venom and I assume the lions share of the symptoms. I am going to journal some of my trials and tribulations that have come with becoming a janky, redneck version of spidderman. My superpowers that I have attained so far are as follows:

Only sleeping 1.5 hours a day.
Being hot and cold at the same time.
Bitching and griping when my bite site gets touched by the lightest of things
Consuming all the antibiotics

That about covers it so far. I've been blessed to not have to go in to work, for it would have been an impossibility for these last 8 days. I hope to gain some insight as to what else I am in store for, as well as posting pictures and describing the personal hell I've been living in since last Sunday.

goofyGoober99

Arachnosquire
A friend of mine told me about this forum after I was bitten by a brown recluse last week. Turns out I am the special one that got all the venom and I assume the lions share of the symptoms. I am going to journal some of my trials and tribulations that have come with becoming a janky, redneck version of spidderman. My superpowers that I have attained so far are as follows:

Only sleeping 1.5 hours a day.
Being hot and cold at the same time.
Bitching and griping when my bite site gets touched by the lightest of things
Consuming all the antibiotics

That about covers it so far. I've been blessed to not have to go in to work, for it would have been an impossibility for these last 8 days. I hope to gain some insight as to what else I am in store for, as well as posting pictures and describing the personal hell I've been living in since last Sunday.
Oh boy that's so incredibly unlucky 💀. For some really good info on brown recluses I would recommend Travis McEnery's video on youtube titled "The spiders in your house - the brown recluse" there's a long section in the second half of the video detailing the different reactions and symptoms that can result from bites. Hopefully this can give you an idea of what else might be in store 😬.

There's a specific forum called "Other spiders and arachnids" where, if you want, you could start a thread detailing your symptoms and recovery.

You could also post a bite report. Here's the post on how to do that: https://arachnoboards.com/threads/post-a-breeding-bite-or-sting-report-updated-4-1-2020.326768/

Best of luck and here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

karenV

Arachnopeon
Hi all, newbie here! Im from South Africa and I got a few T sling's some 2 years back with no idea what to do with them, since then I have joined a few communities, learned some on Tarantula keeping and as of today I have successfully raised my T's to some adults and some pre adult. Im here to learn and share my own experiences to date. I have a Curly Hair adult, sun tiger pre adult, island blue baboon pre adult, goliath bird eater juvie, brazilian blue juvie and recently got a few slings as well. I have attached some pics of the T's some I could find during last rehousing

Attachments

MikoHayashi

Arachnopeon
Hello. I'm kinda a newbie and kinda not. Call me Miko. I have a lot of exotics but I'm here on behalf of my tarantulas and scorpion.

Tarantulas
0.1.0 Aphonopelma seemanni
0.1.0 Poecilotheria metallica
1.1.1 Pterinochilus murinus TCF Usambara locale
0.1.2 Pterinochilus murinus DCF Kigoma locale
0.0.1 Brachypelma albiceps
0.0.1 Hapolopus sp. Colombia

Scorpions
0.1 Heterometrus silenus

Last edited:

clarkman23

Arachnopeon
New here, but not new to exotics, but relatively new to tarantula keeping (unless you count all of the ones I'd catch as a kid down in TX).

Currently have, and probably won't expand much any time soon:
0.0.1 Tliltocatl albopilosus, Steve
0.0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Jim
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchripes, Karen
The following are unnamed as of yet (I've gotta get my kid on that!)
0.0.1 Nhandu chromatus
0.0.1 Brachypelma smithi
0.0.1 Pterinochilus murinus

Steve is the only one who isn't a sling at this point (juvi), but they're all pretty cool in their own right.

PXL_20231020_202748426~2.jpg