Input in case I left something out.

Apbaker

Arachnopeon
Hello and good day to all. I would like input on my first build. I constructed this acrylic enclosure. This will be housing my C. Versicolor. I look at it and i am satisfied but don't want to overlook anything. The size is 4 inches wide by 3 and a half inches long by 7 inches high. The is 3 and half inches of substrate, I currently am using creature soil sifted to remove large chunks of peat and has some sand added to help drainage. This is not a bio-active as of now but another build is on the way that will be bio-active. There will be 2 water dishes and has 2 cork barks. The cork on the back wall was attached by silicon and is a round that provides a hide accessible to the T. By bottom and top by the leaves. My T. Is 1 inch DLS. Almost an inch DLS. I do not plan to rehouse my T. at the moment, but her or his enclosure will be ready.

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice going. I'd put more holes on top. Primarily because if your Avic drops a canopy up top, and they often do, it will molt on the canopy, and have no energy to drink. You will then need to sprinkle water up. More holes.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
What is meant by predator/pray interactions.
Is there some context to this question? Predator-prey interactions just means the the relationship between predators and their prey. It can refer to how they influence each other on a population level (like how wolf populations affect the number and health of deer populations) or on an individual level (like whether the predator uses a lure, actively hunts, or sits and waits, and how the prey tries to evade capture). Does that help?

Apbaker

Arachnopeon
Got it. Thank you so much for the tid bit of knowledge. The context that was supposed to be there.....my bad.....was in relationship to a large enclosure over a smaller T.

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Got it. Thank you so much for the tid bit of knowledge. The context that was supposed to be there.....my bad.....was in relationship to a large enclosure over a smaller T.
Ah. gotcha. In that context, you'll be thinking about things like how much effort and time it takes for the T to catch its prey. Sit-and-wait predators in a too-large enclosure will be less successful at capturing prey, which can lead to slower growth for slings, for instance. On the other hand, species with a strong chase instinct may feel stressed in a too-small enclosure. What kind of prey you choose comes into this as well. Prey that doesn't climb or fly will have few interactions with a predator that tends to sit and wait in the canopy, again leading to lower success for the predator.

Apbaker

Arachnopeon
Awesome break down and explanation. Thank you for the input. I will definitely keep this in mind.