Question Increase in ads

dman13760

Arachnosquire
I'd say in the past 3-4 weeks, it seems like the numbers of ads on AB has increased exponentially. A lot of the ads are particularly annoying too, in that they will block or cover key links/features of the forum (e.g., covering the 'X' when viewing an image, such that the ad needs to be closed in order to close the image).

I usually look at AB on my laptop using firefox. I've started to wonder if maybe another browser would be better? Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a better experience on another browser?

fcat

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
The ads are huge! An if you are viewing on mobile it formats all the text in one column. I assume it's related because I noticed it at the same time. Switching to desktop view has been my workaround. I only ever accessed the site from my phone.

Edit: example (see all the text far right edge of screen) Screenshot_20240425-110430.png Screenshot_20240425-110419.png

Last edited:

invertinverts

Arachnopeon
I usually use chrome for whatever reason but I've got an ad blocker on firefox and then tagged the arachnoboards page in firefox to my home page so it can act like an app. Works well because I can look stuff up in chrome without losing my place and there's no irritating ads

Mustafa67

Arachnopeon
I'd say in the past 3-4 weeks, it seems like the numbers of ads on AB has increased exponentially. A lot of the ads are particularly annoying too, in that they will block or cover key links/features of the forum (e.g., covering the 'X' when viewing an image, such that the ad needs to be closed in order to close the image).

I usually look at AB on my laptop using firefox. I've started to wonder if maybe another browser would be better? Anyone else experiencing this issue or have a better experience on another browser?
I was thinking that just now. Take a look at this:

IMG_1661.png
It’s a huge shame. I use Safari and go on AB on my iPad

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
We use adsense ads on the site to help defray hosting costs. Apparently google decided to run an experiment that got way out of hand. Sorry about that.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
We use adsense ads on the site to help defray hosting costs. Apparently google decided to run an experiment that got way out of hand. Sorry about that.
Gonna have to let them know that this A/B experiment got an F....

I was starting to think i was going crazy w/the mobile site.

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
I've never gotten any ads on this site and I don't use an ad block