Immature Male with Tibials?

slm020

Arachnopeon
Hi

I have an A Genic male, who is around 8 months old. He is still quite small considering the females that I have seen on the internet, and at around 5 inch leg span I don't think that he is full grown. I am a bit worried though that I may be wrong, because it seems that on his last molt he has grown bulbs and tibials. (I have attached pictures) Could he have them yet still have some molts to go, or would that have been his last molt and he will grow no more?

Any help would be really handy.

Thanks

Steve

rob0t

Arachnoknight
He may try to molt again but rarely is it successful. Once he has his bulbs he's ready to go. It's not uncommon for males to be smaller than females.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
he is 100% mature....jus a lil guy tho....i jus had a genic mature, and he is a easy 8incher

find a date for him

slm020

Arachnopeon
That's really good news, looking through your thread I see other people have had similar concerns too, so at least I know that mine isn't the runt of the litter! Now just need to go about finding him a date!

Thanks everyone for putting my mind at ease.... Now I just need to find him a girl near London, UK! Is there anywhere in particular or should I just start a new thread?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
You might consider joining the European sub board and positing in the classifieds there.

Otherwise, try the classifieds or invertsonals, but please read the rules regarding posting in those sections first.

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, he sure is tiny. Reminds me of a runt LP MM (around 5 inches) I had a while back, and a friend had a huge one, around 9 inches at the same time. Wonder if it's just a NW thing, all my MM pokies seem to be pretty consistent.

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow, he sure is tiny. Reminds me of a runt LP MM (around 5 inches) I had a while back, and a friend had a huge one, around 9 inches at the same time. Wonder if it's just a NW thing, all my MM pokies seem to be pretty consistent.
I was once given a MM P. fasciata that was around 3 to 3.5 inches DLS. He looked ridiculously small compared to my adult female. I wasn't too surprised when she munched him on the first attempt at pairing. :rolleyes:

Palespider

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Haha, poor guy. Wonder if there's some variables that dictate how soon they mature that we aren't aware of... Maybe it's their age that dictates when they mature, not their instar... :? (yes I'm reaching)

Londoner

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Haha, poor guy. Wonder if there's some variables that dictate how soon they mature that we aren't aware of... Maybe it's their age that dictates when they mature, not their instar... :? (yes I'm reaching)
Maybe. I've also had a tiny MM P. imirnia and seen 'runts' from other genera and species. I don't see why you wouldn't get random 'runts' in all species across all genera. Seems plausible to me. Maybe they'd be picked off in the wild but they make it to adulthood in their cosy digs in our homes?.....(yes I'm reaching too, but it's an interesting reach lol).

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
I assume it has to do with the genetics. I mean each individual T in one sac are not identical to each other so I would imagine the some just mature faster then other and thats just how it is.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Hi

I have an A Genic male, who is around 8 months old. He is still quite small considering the females that I have seen on the internet, and at around 5 inch leg span I don't think that he is full grown. I am a bit worried though that I may be wrong, because it seems that on his last molt he has grown bulbs and tibials. (I have attached pictures) Could he have them yet still have some molts to go, or would that have been his last molt and he will grow no more?

Any help would be really handy.

Thanks

Steve
He is Mature.. Males can vary from smaller than normal ,... to being MASSive legspans 8" or so

---------- Post added 02-24-2013 at 07:55 PM ----------

I was once given a MM P. fasciata that was around 3 to 3.5 inches DLS. He looked ridiculously small compared to my adult female. I wasn't too surprised when she munched him on the first attempt at pairing. :rolleyes:
Wow.... MY MM P regalis is 6" inches I thought he was little
MM LP 7.5" inches

SuzukiSwift

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm just imagining that little dude trying to mate with an 8" female genic :o_O: