I'm Starting To Scare Myself

Kittycat784

Arachnopeon
Hi all,

I'm starting to scare myself. today as I was leaving class I saw two spiders on the floor, so I set down in the middle of this huge room and pick them up (not knowing what speicies they are, or even afraid of them biting me). Before I started to collect T's I was never afraid of spiders, but I would not pick them up like that. I beleive that I'm going from just plain curiosity to obbsessiveness. has this happened to anyone else?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
If they don't sit in a net I might be tempted to... I think next summer I'm gonna take with me a few I find in the forest and keep them just out of curiosity... :rolleyes:

But since I got my arachnids I don't treat spiders the same way as before... there's much more respect now..

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I pick up a jumping spider whenever I get the chance. I love having them hop from hand to hand. Very fun :). One of the reasons why I want to get a pink toe tarantula. :)

arachnojunkie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I find different types of spiders in my house on occasion, I scoop em up, analyse em and take em back outside. Just have to make sure they aren't recluse or the like before you grab em. The only spider I will kill if I see it inside is a Brown Recluse. I have a 1 ferret, 2 chihuahuas, 2 cats, 1 Rottweiler/Mastiff mix, 1 guinea pig, a Nanday conure and a Senegal parrot. I already lost my other ferret(R.I.P. Scooter) to a recluse bite so it is not worth it to me to "take it outside where it belongs". The last thing they see is a big ol' size 12. :D

Scorpiove

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
arachnojunkie said:
I find different types of spiders in my house on occasion, I scoop em up, analyse em and take em back outside. Just have to make sure they aren't recluse or the like before you grab em. The only spider I will kill if I see it inside is a Brown Recluse. I have a 1 ferret, 2 chihuahuas, 2 cats, 1 Rottweiler/Mastiff mix, 1 guinea pig, a Nanday conure and a Senegal parrot. I already lost my other ferret(R.I.P. Scooter) to a recluse bite so it is not worth it to me to "take it outside where it belongs". The last thing they see is a big ol' size 12. :D
What about widows?

arachnojunkie

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Scorpiove said:
What about widows?
Honestly, I haven't found any in the house yet, but if I did I would probably keep it cuz I find those little devils very interesting......but if I encountered them often it would probably be the ol' size 12. Gotta look after my peeps(soft cuddly animals) ya know? :) We(my soon to be wife and I)are the only people we know that "allows" spiders to live in our house. The ones that build up in the corners of the ceiling, don't know what they are, we don't touch, they don't bother us and we don't bother them. Most people get them down with a broom, but I think it adds a nice touch to the place. {D