Im new! P. murinus and B. smithi on their way!

Tyrantula138

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!
This is my first post after a few days of being a member.
This place is great and I wanted to say hi to everyone.

Im getting my first B. smithi and P. murinus on saturday and have thoroughly and extensively researched
as much as i could find out about these species, but I want to know what all of you have to say about these two.
If there are any tips and tricks anyone can provide, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have p murinus. It's very interesting to watch. Just be sure to always close the lid and dont take unnecessary risks. People make them out to be worse than they are.

awolfe

Arachnosquire
I have 3 B. Smithi; 2 I've had a while and the other I just bought off of Bruce H...she's an adult female. They are all 3 so friendly and docile. Very curious and once they learn you will get them out to hold them they don't like to go back in. Lol. My only advice so far is check and recheck to make sure the lid is on the enclosure. If there is one hole left open for a min my MM will find it ..ha ha. They are a wonderful tarantula. Im hoping for an egg sac someday .....fingers crossed

TheTarantulaKid

Arachnopeon
Are you getting them from Jamie? I bought the P. murinus special, those things are FAST. Be warned! Unpack it in a sealed bathtub so it's easier to catch if it escapes.

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hi . Nice you have two completely different Ts ! Have fun with your spaz bt !

Tyrantula138

Arachnopeon
Are you getting them from Jamie? I bought the P. murinus special, those things are FAST. Be warned! Unpack it in a sealed bathtub so it's easier to catch if it escapes.
Yea, Im getting them from Jamie. I got the B. smithi special, and the free OBT. Thanks for the tip!

---------- Post added 10-05-2011 at 04:22 PM ----------

I have 3 B. Smithi; 2 I've had a while and the other I just bought off of Bruce H...she's an adult female. They are all 3 so friendly and docile. Very curious and once they learn you will get them out to hold them they don't like to go back in. Lol. My only advice so far is check and recheck to make sure the lid is on the enclosure. If there is one hole left open for a min my MM will find it ..ha ha. They are a wonderful tarantula. Im hoping for an egg sac someday .....fingers crossed
Good luck with your egg sac. Thanks for the heads up.

mmfh

Arachnobaron
I have 2 P. murinus. They are awesome, but give them the respect they deserve.

Fever

Arachnopeon
Just got my P. murinus from Jamie yesterday. Defiantly a fast spider, but I'm sure there are faster ones!

ArachnoAddic808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Both awesome T's you'll enjoy them. Those r the same tarantulas I started with. B smithi and 2 p murinus. Best of luck

cnapple

Arachnoknight
Just wait until you get into the world of Pokies! :D
I dunno. My OBTs are faster/more spaz-tastic than my Poecs. The only thing in my collection that rivals my OBTs for speed is my Holothele sp. "tachira".:o_O: Nevertheless, OP, enjoy your OBT! One of my favorite species for sure.

Popsmoke63B

Arachnosquire
Grats on your soon to be arriving Ts! B. smithi are awesome, and I'm still waiting on my little OBT sling to grow. (got mine as a freebie from Jamie too)

Tyrantula138

Arachnopeon
<Update>

I got my Ts a lil earlier than expected. Gohma, my B. smithi, was no problem whatsoever, and was very cooperative and easy to get in to his/her new home.
Oni, my OBT, was a pain. He/she had webbed its packing tube, and didnt feel like coming out. It then went for my hand when I
opened the tissue it was in. I barely got it in its new home, but not before it tried to make a break for it. Scary fast.

Thanks for all the tips and congrats guys.