I'm looking for a super active, super fun buthid..

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm an experienced keeper, and have had kept quite a few extremely hot species before, and it's actually one of those that I am looking for again...

Would anyone here happen to know anyone with some A. Mauritanicus for sale? :]

Or have any suggestions on some more available active buthids?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Parabuthus, Transvaliicus.

You know what?
Any of the desert scorpions kept hot are active.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I loved the P Trans I used to have... And am considering another... I only had my two mauritanicus for a short while before I had to get rid of them :[ Which is why I'm somewhat looking for them in particular.

I never had androctonus bicolor before... They don't become pet rocks, right?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have one right now, and to be honest, I enjoyed my Mauritanicus more.

It's smaller and it isn't as responsive(when food is present) as my Mauritanicus.

I'm thinking of selling it.

I'd go with an Androctonus if you want something similar but different.

My androctonus Amourexi was cool too, but it doesn't have the classic fat tail.

Leirus quinquestriatus are pretty active too.

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
my bicolor is extremely active at hot temps. always digging around like a dog lookin for a bone. it varies among individuals.

but like aztek said, any of the andros kept at warmer temps will be active. about half of my andros i keep at hot temps, and they are much more active than the others, pretty much regardless of species. to me, the andros are fun because they are quick, aggressive, and pack a punch :razz: plus, they just look sweet with that really fat tail ;)

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Widowman10 said:
to me, the andros are fun because they are quick, aggressive, and pack a punch plus, they just look sweet with that really fat tail
I agree :-D!! When I started keeping, I went with an emperor... then the very next scorp was a P. Transvaalicus. :) It's easy to take care of hot scorps... Just do not sporking touch them ;)

Well it's the mauritanicus I really, really want... Do any of y'all know where I can find one or two for sale? :)

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They're not for sale right now much.

For some reason summer is when lots of scorpions start getting sold.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Thanks aztek, do you have any recommendations of sites or dealers I should keep an extra close eye on while I wait for the Mauris to come back around?

Aztek

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ajexotics.com is where I got my Mauritanicus from, and they've had them a couple more times since then.

But also search once a week on this sites sale forum.;)