Im in love...with a jumper

Shagg

Arachnopeon
Found her around noon on my kitchen window. Phidippus I imagine? She has more orange and brown versus the norm white/black Phidippus-types I've seen here, but she has the classic metallic green chelicerae.

image.jpg image (1).jpg

super happy I finally found a sizable salticid that cant wiggle out of my keepers- and before winter :biggrin:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Can you try to get a better photo? Very palid coloring on this one, could be audax, could be a different species entirely. It still looks like a juvenile, so the ultimate molt would be more helpful.

Shagg

Arachnopeon
Took those with my phone so I know there kinda bad, got a few better ones now.
Can you attach an image to a reply or do you have to embed it?

Excited she spent the last day making a huge tent so I'm hoping shes planning on laying eggs.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
There is a VERY VERY similar species to audax; Phidippus olympus. The females have a more brownish tinge, but basically have identical markings. However, Olympus is said to be a NW species, BUT, some species are quite widespread, like audax.

Perhaps it's simply an Audax with a different phenotype, perhaps it's an undescribed species. I have never seen a female phidippus with that coloring, very different! Jumping-spiders.com is a good place for obscure info.

Shagg

Arachnopeon
There is a VERY VERY similar species to audax; Phidippus olympus. The females have a more brownish tinge, but basically have identical markings. However, Olympus is said to be a NW species, BUT, some species are quite widespread, like audax.

Perhaps it's simply an Audax with a different phenotype, perhaps it's an undescribed species. I have never seen a female phidippus with that coloring, very different! Jumping-spiders.com is a good place for obscure info.
I also thought Audax simply because its common and I've seen them around. However, that weird "U" shape on the bottom of her abdomen thats almost orange throws me off. I have a better pic of her top markings on my profile. Thanks for that site, tons of good info/pics there.

Olympus huh? That's a phidippus I haven't heard tossed around a lot, granted I'm a an arachno-noob haha