I'm in Japan and...

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
there are Joro spiders everywhere! Nephila clavata

female with a suitor

I even got to see some adults with golden webs. Neat huh?

mandipants

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awesome spiders! It must be orbweaver season everywhere in the world, I've got a big local girl that's shacking up with me for the winter.

Ephebopus.M

Arachnopeon
They are everywhere in vietnam. we would take a long thin stick wrap the webbing around the tip and hold the stick up high in a swarm of dragonflies and when a dragonfly takes a rest it would get stuck on the webbing. dragonfly fishing.;)

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very beautiful. You guys have some awesome inverts over there.

I watched some of sigma1920's YouTube videos and I believe he's from Japan, too. Has some really cool videos of orb weavers, other spiders and wasps.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very beautiful. You guys have some awesome inverts over there.

I watched some of sigma1920's YouTube videos and I believe he's from Japan, too. Has some really cool videos of orb weavers, other spiders and wasps.
Yeah there are some neat inverts here. We also found two praying mantises and there was a wasp with yellow on its face. We gave it a lot of space because we weren't sure if it was the infamous Asian Giant Hornet, which has very potent venom and doesn't hesitate to sting, and we didn't want to get close enough to find out. There are also giant huntsmen spiders around the buildings, I really like them.

Here is the first mantis we met. I think they're just fantastic. I might look into getting one as a pet when I get home next year.

buthus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Japan has some really cool spders ...i think the Theridiidae and others really look like species that have developed apart from the rest of the world.
i think they have a big arse Ariames species (?) ...in the pine trees somewheres ...i'd be huntin' for that score.