im going mad....help pls

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Varden said:
No, FACTS need to be justified. Opinions don't, that's one of the best things about them and why everyone is entitled to their own.
If something is truly a fact, it doesn't need to be justified - it already is because it is fact.

If you have an opinion, it must be justified/validated/proved before it becomes a fact (if ever).

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone is entitled to share their opinions. :) Opinions are a waste of time unless they have something to back them up.

Just saying, "I think that inverts feel pain because I am of the opinon that they do," is a waste of people's times. Backing up your statement with evidence, records, experiments, research, etc. is different...

connor3k

Arachnopeon
becca81 said:
If something is truly a fact, it doesn't need to be justified - it already is because it is fact.

If you have an opinion, it must be justified/validated/proved before it becomes a fact (if ever).

Yes, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that doesn't mean everyone is entitled to share their opinions. :) Opinions are a waste of time unless they have something to back them up.

Just saying, "I think that inverts feel pain because I am of the opinon that they do," is a waste of people's times. Backing up your statement with evidence, records, experiments, research, etc. is different...
I am with becca on this one. I believe once on the giant spider boards she had a signature something like this: Arguing with some one who has thrown away reason and stuff is like injecting medicine to the dead. Its wrong but it gets the job done. And I do believe that inverts don't feel pain because it is not nescary.

bagheera

ArachnoTiger
Old Timer
Jaden said:
There was a key word in your comment. MIGHT. It might bite you. I said it WILL. I can almost say it'll bite you 9 out of 10 times you pull a leg off. How many times do you think it'll bite petting or kissing it? Allot less than 9 out of 10. Want to test it? I'll pet and kiss a tarantula and you pull off it's legs. We'll see who gets bit most. I'll come visit you in the hospital when we're done. Don't get me wrong science has done wonderful things for our understanding of things. On the same hand if we just followed what minds of the time said we'd all be still living in Europe and the world would still be flat.

I would be happy to provide specimens of Heteroscodra or Stromatapelma for the trial :D I will even do the recording! :p

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
bagheera said:
I would be happy to provide specimens of Heteroscodra or Stromatapelma for the trial :D I will even do the recording! :p
No metallica hey? ;)

Ok, for the record - this is a public forum.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and to vocalize it.

What they are not entitled to is respect for that opinion - which is your entitlement when you are exposed to an opinion you disagree with.

Play nice please.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Guys, this thread is about a bad molt. The pain thread is here.

I'm sorry about the loss of your blondi. They are a delicate species when young, it seems there are more molt fatalaties with this species. I keep all of my spiderlings on very moist substrate to prevent these problems. If you wait until the actual molt to increase the humidity, it's usually too late.