I'm finally getting a T. stirmi (or T. blondi)

evilkarot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I am so excited, that I just must share! I will be getting my Goliath next week!!! I have been wanting one of these since I first started being interested in tarantulas! I'm still trying think of a unisex name, since it is unsexed. I have the opportunity to buy a 2nd one too, that I'm deciding on whether or not I should get! But my baby will arrive next week! I'm sooooooo excited!!!!! Thanks, I just wanted to share the news with someone who'd understand my excitement. Everyone I know thinks I'm odd with my tarantula obsession! But you, my arachnofriends, understand! I'm as giddy as a school girl about this!:biggrin:

evilkarot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm not sure, to be honest with you. But, unfortunately I'm pretty sure it is. CB specimens are hard to come by around here.

SamuraiSid

Arachnodemon
Im truly happy for you. I remember as a child my dream pet was always a goliath T. For my birthday just last month I finally bought an L. difficilis.

Enjoy. They are a good time :)

heavydumbs

Arachnosquire
Just got myself a blondi so totally understand ur excitement... Congrats :)

Jared781

Arachnobaron
i hope to acquire one from TarCan... when the spring shippment arrives :D :)

evilkarot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, I've read they have some of the worst hairs too! The hairs of my rosies don't bother me much, so who know about this one. Still looking forward to it, hairs or not! I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I am happy for you. But on the other hand, i think these are one of the ugliest, dumbest looking tarantulas to get. Also like you said they are hard to find as captive bred. Which means eventually they will be extinct in the wild, and if they cant be successfuly bred in captivity, will also dissapear here. So i think the best thing for the species would be to put them on the CITES list, and ban wild catching. I mean i know that alot of people will miss not having Theraphosa, but it would be best for that entire genus to stay where they are, that way they dont go entirely extinct.

evilkarot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ugly and dumb? Are you kidding me? Their shear size alone make them beautiful! But I do agree, we need more CB access! There are those that do breed them and I saw plenty of them, but most didn't have any stock, or I had to drive for hours because they wouldn't ship. Should they be on CITIES? We would probably have more CB if they were, but the price would sky rocket. But, I think this is a debate for a different thread!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ugly, but not dumb. Just dumb looking. Seeing one in person made me a believer. Just my opinion. Well if they were to ban wild caught Theraphosa, it would be for the greater good of the genus. But yeah it would put pressure on breeders, and hobbyists. But that would be the price to pay, to be able to know that any species are in the wild where they are able to keep the population going.

evilkarot

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a feeling deforsetation has done more harm than we have!

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I wouldnt doubt that one bit. The deforestation needs to stop. But hey those people are making killer money off of it so who cares right?

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
I kinda see what catfish is getting at really i mean there cool you know they get to impressive size, but dude just get a lp much better looking rival in size and are so much easier to take care of!

TsmallV

Arachnopeon
hahaha thats awesome, i want one too but im just going up the ladder if you know what i mean :p
ya i have the same problem, most of my friends dont approve or thinks im crazy with this hobby -.-