I'm concerned about my new H. lividum

troglodyte

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I just got him yesterday and he's eaten a cricket. I've kept his KK pretty humid and he has plenty of sub to burrow. He's webbed up a ton in the other corner.

I poked him once about an hour or two ago and he reacted. It doesn't look like he's molting, his carapace hasn't split or anything. Is this something cobalts do or should I be concerned??

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
you say plenty of substrate...how much? Mine was a burrowing demon, with six to eight inches of substrate. It probably is also stressed, and will take some time to burrow.

Dillon

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I know that mine is a WC specimen and looked just like yours for two weeks. Yours may be WC or just very stressed like otherwise posted.

In time I'm sure it will burrow. Just watch humidity.

tarsier

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Same experience here.

Took mine a few days to settle in and burrow.

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
H. lividums often take a LONG time to settle in. Watch your temps and humidity. Make sure that it has lots of substrate to dig through when it finally does and leave it alone. Poking at it will only cause more stress and keep it from doing what it needs to do.

I went through this when I got my H. lividum... when I finally let it alone, it did well.

Good luck!