"I'm bringing you a new creepy for your collection..."

Sam_Peanuts

Arachnobaron
The research that I've done on G. porteri versus G. rosea in an attempt to figure out what exactly she is has done nothing but cause me agony. There's a lot of conflicting information out there and for someone who has a lot to learn about everything it's hard to distinguish the good information from the bad. Ugh.
Basically, G. porteri = G. rosea NCF(Normal Color Form) and G. rosea = G. rosea RCF(Red Color Form)

I'm not sure the change is official yet since I haven't seen anyone use G. porteri outside of this forum yet and, personally, I keep using NCF and RCF until I see it's adopted by dealers around here.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I've seen that information, information that says they're the same darn thing, and bit about a very minute difference between the two that would be impossible to discern without a microscope. Thanks for sharing Sam, I appreciate it. This is the answer that I have seen the most.

cold blood

Staff member
I've seen that information, information that says they're the same darn thing, and bit about a very minute difference between the two that would be impossible to discern without a microscope. Thanks for sharing Sam, I appreciate it. This is the answer that I have seen the most.
Separate species. Rosea and porteri look different enough that identification is fairly straightforward.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
I believe you have a porteri, but don't take my word 100% on that.

This is my porteri.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I believe you have a porteri, but don't take my word 100% on that.

This is my porteri.

Thank you. Sure does look the same as what I have. Unless there are objections I think that I will refer to her as such.

Sana

Arachnoprince
I'll be trying to get some better pictures of her once she has settled in. I just don't want to put her through standing in really bright, direct light yet. She's been through enough craziness for a while. Thank you all for the information and the help.