Illegal Selling

Blackprizm

Arachnosquire
Is it illegal to trade/sell a tarantula especially here in the Philippines?
I tried posting an online ad on another website, and they didn't accept my ad because Laws prohibit selling of wildlife etc.

How do you know if it's legal or not?

Quazgar

Arachnoknight
I do not know the laws for trading/selling within the Philippines, but to send a tarantula to any other country you would have to have all sorts of import/export permits and jump through all sorts of hoops.

Diabolica

Arachnopeon
Lex?? :D
I know you from ig :p
huh? O.O

I was told that they sell exotic pets online now (sulit.com.ph), have you heard of the confiscation of exotics pets including Tarantulas in Cartimar? The police said the owner does not have permit to sell them. Even the buyers will be penalized if you buy from this place. So now breeders go online, and sell it underground.

I went to that pet marketplace looking for Tarantulas, the sellers were very cautious and they seemed reluctant to tell me where I could buy. They had probably thought I'm an undercover.

Yeah sure some people might be selling wild caught animals but then authorities here are still stupid, they really don't know anything about captive bred.

Blackprizm

Arachnosquire
huh? O.O

I was told that they sell exotic pets online now (sulit.com.ph), have you heard of the confiscation of exotics pets including Tarantulas in Cartimar? The police said the owner does not have permit to sell them. Even the buyers will be penalized if you buy from this place. So now breeders go online, and sell it underground.

I went to that pet marketplace looking for Tarantulas, the sellers were very cautious and they seemed reluctant to tell me where I could buy. They had probably thought I'm an undercover.

Yeah sure some people might be selling wild caught animals but then authorities here are still stupid, they really don't know anything about captive bred.
That's what I'm thinking. How about captive bred species? LOL