If you knew you were moving out of state. . .

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
and you could take your Ts to the new place, but this wasn't happening for ten more months, would you
A. Keep just the Ts you had
B. Continue to add to your collection but keep them in smaller containers than you had planned to make the move easier
C. Continue to add to your collection but put them in the enclosures you had planned on anyway and just deal with temporarily rehousing them for the move?
D. OTHER, you fill in the blank

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't let things like moving dictate what I do. I would just go about my business until the time came to move and deal with it then.
Moving is an singular event not an on going restriction imo.

I have had to sell every T I had before (against my will) but I knew that some day I could get back to the hobby and made goals to get me there. But in this case you don’t even have to worry about that because you are taking your Ts with you so just go with the flow.

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have had to sell all my Ts at the end of a relationship and then again when I had a relationship change course with the adoption of my grandkids.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I hear ya. I had to sell about 1000 Ts to deploy in 2002.
I did get someone to baby sit two of my smithi only because they were the first ones I ever had and I was unwilling too sell those but it was still really, really hard to do.

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hell if I had known you I would have babysat all of them. I was a Marine 1986-1994.

Binky/Carol

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have moved twice with T's.. and kept them in their normal containers. I only made sure they were in certain types of boxes or that when i moved them it was a straight one time trip.
There is a person on the ATS who lives in an RV and keeps quite a lot of T's.

I would keep them in their normal containers, and IF I had ones that were in specialty set ups such as serious burrowers, arboreal, or ones that have a lot of water... I would move them to shipping containers and then move them.

JMHO
Carol

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would love to check out the RV guys threads. If you ever find them again send me a link but I am going to look tonight.

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't let things like moving dictate what I do. I would just go about my business until the time came to move and deal with it then.
Moving is an singular event not an on going restriction imo.
I'll ditto this. Ten months is a long time, and T's aren't that hard to move anyway. You can pack them up in deli cups when the time comes, or just take them in their container if you have few enough of them. Moving 10 months from now shouldn't affect your buying decisions now one way or the other.

Unless you know you are moving to a place with insufficient space for your collection or soemthing.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to (hopefully) be moving this year and will consequently have to get rid of all my guys and girls. *sigh*

But as far as your circumstances are concerned (man, I like the 'c' words today), I would pick...you guessed it...C.

white_feather

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for all the responses so far. Right now I only have five Ts but I want to get a few more. The main thing I am trying to figure out right now is whether I should get Exo-Terra tanks, 5.5 gal or 10 gal aquariums, or Kritter Keepers to house them in permanently. As of right now I have one each of the enclosures listed and I want to decide what would be the best enclosures to go with. We may be spending the next several years traveling the United States in an RV and the Ts will be going with us.I think my ollection will grow to 10 or 12 by then. I am going to make every attempt to keep them to the bare minimum that I need to keep me occupied on the drive. I will also have my guitars with me and a Trek bike on the rear of the Motorhome.

Arachnosold1er

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm moving back home next weekend and I'm taking ALL of my Ts with me. Im down to thirteen and a bearded dragon so it shouldnt be too bad. I;m just gonna put them all in deli cups, then stack them neatley in a box. Then I'll just put them in the back seat. Cant wait to get back home! 13 days and a wake up til I ETS!!!!

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Kritter keepers might be easier to travel with but I prefer glass terrariums. Not only do you get a much more clear view of the Ts from the sides but you can also look down on them. No contest in my opinion.

--the nature boy

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
I just moved from California to Texas. I knew the move was coming, and had well over 100 Ts, so I thinned out the collection. I ended up driving 1250 miles with the following in the back of a Ford Ranger:

36 Ts
5 scorps
1 black throat monitor
1 Argentine black & white tegu
Two 7+' red tail boas
1 1' rosy boa
1 gecko
6 ferrets
3 cats
1 german shepherd

The dog rode in the cab and the rest were in carriers or crates. I put on a shell and got a cooler that fits over an ice chest to keep them cool. Niht temps weren't too low.

For the Ts, each was put in a deli cup, the deli cups were packed into a box, and that box rode in the cab of the U-Haul. I packed up all their regular enclosures because they were too large to put in a climate controlled area.

No matter how far you move, unless overseas of course, Ts are the easiest thing to take with you. Keep buying them!