If you could only have 1 genus...

Stugy

Arachnolord
If you could only have 1 genus of scorpion, what would you choose? You can choose any genus but choose wisely! I would choose uhh... oh shoot I didn't think this through. I'll get back to you on that lol.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Centruroides

You get all the different kinds, desert, tropical, large, small, colorful, dull. And many are communal. :)

Extensionofgreen

Arachnosquire
This is a tough one, because I'm constantly coming across new genera and species that catch my eye.
I think Centuruoides offer a good variety of habitats, colors, and shapes. I am really starting to appreciate the tiny and challenging Orthochirus, though. There are less species to worry about collecting, they can be kept communally, they are unique, and they offer all of the appeal on Androctonus, without the corresponding significant venom.
Ultimately, I think I could stick to buthids, but not one genera.

Last edited:

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If you could only have 1 genus of scorpion, what would you choose? You can choose any genus but choose wisely! I would choose uhh... oh shoot I didn't think this through. I'll get back to you on that lol.
Probably Hottentotta

JoshBC

Arachnosquire
Androctonus are my favorites. But I do love Hottentottas. My Judaicus is the only scorp I've ever had that prefers being upside-down. Hot/cold, wet/dry, seems to enjoy it all. Let's not forget who the biggest 'man killer' of all is lol.

Scorpionluva

Arachnoangel
Too hard to pick just 1 but it would be Uroplectes for me ! The most colorful , feisty and active genus ive seen yet.
If you were to do a top 5 it would look like this for me
1 uroplectes
2 parabuthus
3 rhopalurus/ heteroctenus
4 hottentotta
5 androctonus

Stenodactylus

Arachnosquire
Hottentotta, Opistophthalmus or Alacran

Hottentotta for the sheer number of incredibly fun scorpions.
Opistophthalmus for a decently sized genus of big, mean scorpions!
Alacran are my favs, but there are only 3 species. They would be the number one choice, but I would be finished getting new species a bit too soon for my liking.