If a T falls how bad would it injure it's legs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
I have not dropped my T at all or touched it for that matter :embarrassed: that's a no no in my book. I was just curious like if a T fell would it get injured severly?:? like are they like cats and always land on all legs? well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl:evil: " like to ignore me .

Well peace thanx for the non existing help :D

love megs

BugToxin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl:evil: " like to ignore me .

love megs
Hello Megs,
You seem grumpy today.

Anyway, if a T falls from any reasonable height (say five feet or less) it might not injure it's legs at all. What would likely happen though is the abdomen would rupture, causing the internal fluids to leak out and the T would die shortly thereafter. It might even "pop" so to speak. T's have VERY fragile abdomens, especially the terrestrial T's. The legs could of course be injured in a fall, but that wouldn't be the primary concern. When T's loose leggs it is usually a result of them getting caught up in the screen top of an enclosure, a bad moult, or being handled incorrecly (roughly).

Does that answer your question?

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
yesss you are one of the nicest ppl i have met on here everyone else thinks there "too cool" to answer my questions THANK YOU SOO MUCH :D :D {D {D

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
With over 9000 members - if your questions are not being answered, I'd look at how you're phrasing them, if the answers are readily available by common sense or by searching the boards and your grammatical construction of them.

You'll notice that most threads here do, indeed, have replies and that the members are more than willing to share their free non-obligatory time and knowledge in the spirit of learning and mutual cooperation to better our hobby.

I am sure that in time, you will find your fit on these forums as all of us eventually do.

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
well one thing i doubt this question could infact be found in search . Thanx though for letting me know what to do diffrent. Also isn't the reason for opening a forum is to disscuss and and answer question about one idea . i mean if this was just to meet ppl you could of just opened a dating website right ???

thanx sheri!!

love megs

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Wells Megs,

Let me add to Sheri's reply.

the search function can yield some SURPRISING results.

Type in Fall or Fell and search the titles only for theads in the Discussion forum.

Now... you made a few assumptions.. that it would be the Tarantulas legs that would get injured. it is most likely going to be the heaviest part ( the Opisthosoma or abdomen ) which also has the weakest exoskeleton...
I unfortunately had a large rosea drop during a tank transfer.. :(

the other assumption which could be taken as an insult...
well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl " like to ignore me .
well I've been to other boards on other topics.. and to get ANY response in under 30 minutes is RARE..

so maybe some reciprocated tolerance

BTW welcome to the Hobby..

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Id post more on the threads you start but Im just on the other side of the wall at work you all ready know what I think :5: :5: :5: I think if you just add a little more detail to your questions people will get them better and give better answers. for instence before posting you asked me "if your avic scence it was a tree spider might be able to jump from one tree to another be ok?" that was an awesome question!!! I said I wasnt sure it would depend on the distence I also think that it would depend what part of the tree it made it to. Some people like things spelled out, and proper and chances are for the best answers you may want to make your question more spelled out and proper. :? just my thoughts
scott

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
Scott I Know Where You Work!!!!!!!!!!! and make those monkeys stop shaking their @ss at me

Last edited:

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
the thing is mindutopia what did u type in???? i typed in spiders falling and it pulled up proper care :? Is it me or is the search engine a little touchy???

Last edited:

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just wanted to add that it won't help your case to basically insult or degrade everyone else here on the boards. By doing so people will be less likely to respond. There are lots of users here and some of us are quite helpful. At the same time we also have lives outside of AB that require our attention and generally are of a much higher priority. However, most people here are generally quite helpful and do take time to answer questions.

MilO*luv*kr3w*

Arachnopeon
in one of my many post where does it say that i actually insulted anyone:?

Last edited:

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
in one of my many post where does it say that i actually insulted anyone:?
From your first post in this thread:
well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl:evil: " like to ignore me .
As someone who does take time to answer questions I find this generalization to be inconsiderate and somewhat rude. Perhaps insult was not the best choice of words, but it does show a great lack of appreciation for the people who do spend the time answering questions.

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think the problem is the tone that is set many times can feel a little harsh

"well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl " like to ignore me."

Id say just try to come off a little less sarcastic in the posts.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Also isn't the reason for opening a forum is to disscuss and and answer question about one idea . i mean if this was just to meet ppl you could of just opened a dating website right ???
Yes, she just mentioned the search engine as it often helps find answers faster then asking. And prevents the repeating of questions over and over again.
If new members, (or even older members) didn't use the search function, our forum would be full of

"wHat should I give my ros-hair to eated for?"

But I'm not saying that you asked any questions like that.

@ original question..
Leg injuries aren't the main concern from falls. Its the internal injuries that have been mentioned. And it can be very serious. T's can recover from leg injuries most of the time. But abdominal ruptures, not much.

Last edited:

Pyst

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the thing is mindutopia what did u type in???? i typed in spiders falling and it pulled up proper care :? Is it me or is the search engine a little touchy???
All she typed into the search were the words leg and fall.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
Yes the search function takes a little getting used to, if you don't get any hits with your search terms make them more general or rephrase them. For example your search of "spiders falling". The search function will look for posts with both spiders and falling since almost noone tends to refer to their t as a spider when it is easier to type "t" in their posts, you wouldn't get a hit. Just falling would work, if it didn't give you what you want then you would try other forms of the word fall or fell or even similiar words like drop. It takes a while to fine tune your search skills.

A fall could be as little as four or five inches unto a hard surface to fatal to a large terrestrial. So be careful.

If you truly feel hated there is a thread in the WH that deals with that "Everybody on the boards hate me". Noone hated the person until he posted the thread. It takes time for some posts to get a reply (all of us have at some point have had post that never gotten a reply).

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
I just wanted to add that it won't help your case to basically insult or degrade everyone else here on the boards. By doing so people will be less likely to respond. There are lots of users here and some of us are quite helpful. At the same time we also have lives outside of AB that require our attention and generally are of a much higher priority. However, most people here are generally quite helpful and do take time to answer questions.
HUH? When did that start?
;P {D

tattoo_rebel

Arachnopeon
I have not dropped my T at all or touched it for that matter :embarrassed: that's a no no in my book. I was just curious like if a T fell would it get injured severly?:? like are they like cats and always land on all legs? well i doubt anyone will answer my threads seems "you ppl:evil: " like to ignore me .

love megs
Hey girl don't worry it's not just you, i feel the unwelcome vibes too. You screw up and make a mistake once and feel terribly sorry about it but you still lose a very good friend that thinks it's time for you to get your act together, and to make matters worse then they make you feel ignorant and dumb for not being as highly educated as all of them. Man i already hit the bottom and i'm trying to make ammends but obviously there's no room for another chance here, hey i'm not perfect but i've learned my lesson this time and i'm more serious now but that's not enough for people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.