Identifying Poecilotheria sp. with any certainty

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Hello all, my Poecilotheria molted last night and it makes me realize it is not a P. regalis, as it was sold to me as. I now have no idea what it is, but based off of this helpful picture, I think I've narrowed it down to the following:
- P. ornata
- P. rufilata
- P. striata

I'm basing this on the fact that the spider has yellow on its legs in the font, but not on the back. It lacks the white ventral stripe of regalis and it's body color and markings are also darker over all. The spider is now 3"+ and is currently in a weird position so I can't get good pictures, but I will as soon as it moves. Here however, is a sub par ventral shot:

20130622_091301.jpg

Is there any way that I will be able to get the species with complete certainty?

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Rufilata are brown and green dorsally, and the legs have light stripes, not bands. Ventrally the legs are banded and have blue/purple under the femurs of the front legs and red/orange on the tibia of the palps.

Ornata is a dark blue dorsally, with a combination of light stripes and bands on the legs. It has vivid yellow under the front legs, and red/orange under the palps.

Striata looks almost identical to regalis, but without the belly band. They are also similar-looking dorsally to fasciata, pederseni, smithi, and hanumavilasumica (smithi's femurs are almost all black underneath; hanuma has slightly thinner black bands under the femurs than striata does). The later two are new introductions and pricey, so you can probably rule those out. The black ventral leg bands on fasciata are very thin, the thinnest of any Poec. Pederseni has a distinctive thin ventral black stripe on the femur of leg 4.

3 species have more prominent leg banding: miranda has no black bands on the patella, above or below. Of the other two, formosa has no ventral black bands on the femurs of leg 4, while tigrina does.

Subfusca is very dark ventrally, almost all black, the darkest Poec. Metallica is the next darkest with blue/black femurs ventrally, and yellow bands on the tibia (but not on the metatarsi).

toast4nat

Arachnosquire
Based on what you said then, it's most likely a Striata. I'm ok with this, though I really did want a regalis. Luckily a local pet shop has some regalis so I might pick one up from them eventually.

Ceratogyrus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Without having my pokie leg chart close by, that looks like striata to me.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Based on what you said then, it's most likely a Striata. I'm ok with this, though I really did want a regalis. Luckily a local pet shop has some regalis so I might pick one up from them eventually.
Striata are great spiders too. I have a robust adult female that's over 7", so they get pretty big too.