ID this T being advertised..

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'd say it is a brown phase rose hair.

I'd say you could get an adult rose hair, a new 10 gallon aquarium, substrate, a new water dish, and a new lid for less than $50. If you are really interested, I'd offer no more than $20 for the whole setup. Remember, she has to get rid of it and would probably just pitch the tank if she didn't have the tarantula to deal with.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I thought grammostola too, but why can I see purple and red on the carpace?...my eyes are playing tricks on me....Oh I have no thoughts of paying that much for any grammostola, unless it was a ihering female...

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I thought grammostola too, but why can I see purple and red on the carpace?...my eyes are playing tricks on me....Oh I have no thoughts of paying that much for any grammostola, unless it was a ihering female...
Members of G. rosea have carapaces that tend to reflect a rose color especially noticeable after a molting. After a while, the color reflected seems to dull a bit into a coppery color and then into brown when it is less reflective. The color rose is defined to be the 1/2 way point on the color spectrum between red and magenta (a fancy way of saying pink). I wonder how the species name of rosea was chosen? ;P

david30

Arachnopeon
that little fella looks just like my G. rosea but i am fairly new so dont take my word for it.
why is there no substrate in there...?

scoundrel

Arachnopeon
Definitely a Rosea. No contest. No sub though? Poor thing probably has had a terrible life. I'd offer $35, that's what I've seen for G. Rosea + Enclosure (although most of them don't suck as bad as whatever that person has the poor spidey in) Go get that spider and rescue it from it's sad existence!

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
G. rosea. I'd offer $25 at most. They're moving, they'll probably take what they can get.