ID this green spider

MarkmD

Arachnoprince
That's cool, I don't really know but could be a crab spider.

Rebecca74

Arachnopeon
Definitely looks like a huntsman/sparassidae due to the flattened, forwards orientation of the legs and the fact that the front legs appear significantly longer than the back legs.

Was this caught in the Philippines (your location)? I did a google search for 'green huntsman spider' but it kept coming up with the Australian one.

I've heard that some juvenile huntsman are green before morphing into the standard brown/grey adult hues. How big is this pretty munchkin?

Ciphor

Arachnoprince
Definitely looks like a huntsman/sparassidae due to the flattened, forwards orientation of the legs and the fact that the front legs appear significantly longer than the back legs.

Was this caught in the Philippines (your location)? I did a google search for 'green huntsman spider' but it kept coming up with the Australian one.

I've heard that some juvenile huntsman are green before morphing into the standard brown/grey adult hues. How big is this pretty munchkin?
Giant crab spiders and flower crab spiders do share a lot in common.

This spider is something in the family Thomisidae however. The characteristic 'swollen' looking femurs on the drastically larger leg pair l & ll are distinct to this family and some of its genera. The ocular area sitting on a white patch is also a common in the morphology of Thomisidae.

Everything about this spider screams Misumena sp. but I would need a good image of the eye arrangement to make any type of a real guess. Species would be, real tough to boil down to. In the US flower crab spiders are not to diverse, on a global scale however Thomisidae is one of the most diverse families on the planet with over 2000 recognized species.

Rebecca74

Arachnopeon
Now that you mention it, this actually does look a lot like the little green spiders I used to find in my old daisy bush. You'd look between the petals and see these little pretty green spiders hiding.