ID/Sex Please

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Bought it at the show for $20 told me it was just a 'SunBurst'
I'm pretty sure its a pokie.

I can't sex worth a crap but looked female up close if better shots are needed I can get them.
It was sooo hungry its abdomen was almost extremely small caught those two instantly then I'm going to see if it eats the roach.

Ventrals:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nope not a pokie. That is a Heteroscodra maculata,
common name "Togo Starburst Baboon"
They are speedy little goobers capable of 0-60 in 0.43 seconds. And much like pokies you don't want to get bit by this one.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You know I was just about to ID it myself lol. gaintspiders.com has most pictures and thats where I found Heteroscodra maculata.
Man, this is full grown. Guess I need to find another spider for the viv.
Thanks, any help on sexing it? Is what I paid to much?

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
looks like a girl to me...looks like your in the process of fattening her up too..she needs it!

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yup it’s a female and she needs some groceries and water. You got a really good deal :clap: Man I’m so jealous I have been looking for one of these for a while now.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nope not a pokie. That is a Heteroscodra maculata,
common name "Togo Starburst Baboon"
They are speedy little goobers capable of 0-60 in 0.43 seconds. And much like pokies you don't want to get bit by this one.
Yup, definitely H. Maculata. Just got one myself. It's going to be very nice once it's fattened up. :)

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks guys, so happy I got a female too.
@verry_sweet
Hit me up if you want to trade or something, really wish I had a pokie or a versi. Some nice large arboreal.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
They had about 8 more. Maybe I should go back...

DeTwan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice spider.
If that is indeed a female, which I believe it is then you got one heck of a deal.
I just bought one and she was alot more than $20.
Fatten that girl up... she is very malnurished:} :} :}

thedude

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
dude nice pick-up.. i cant wait till mine gets that big.. mine is like half that size

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is it possible that it might have another molt before its mature?
I guess heck, once its plump it will be up for sale real cheap.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As everyone else said, heteroscodra maculata, and almost definitely a female. They generally aren't that expensive, but $20 for an adult female is still a really good deal.

Pink-Poodle88

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As everyone else said, heteroscodra maculata, and almost definitely a female. They generally aren't that expensive, but $20 for an adult female is still a really good deal.

von_z

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I paid $15.00 for a barely 1" sling.

EricFavez

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
they had 8 more?...are they on the boards here?....I also wonder are those species imported much??? I dont think I have ever seen a WC H.mac in person, but that one does kinda look like it could be WC

GoTerps

Arachnoking
Old Timer
$20 bucks! That is a steal of a deal. I think I sold mine for $80 and shipping.
It's a WC spider, so they probably didn't pay more than a few dollars for yet. $20 was probably a large markup.

I also wonder are those species imported much??? I dont think I have ever seen a WC H.mac in person, but that one does kinda look like it could be WC
WC are still very frequently imported for the pet trade.

Eric

TTstinger

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
it is not a good deal when she dies on you, that is one poorly taken care of H.mac. I would say don't buy any more of the guy if this is what his stock looks like. that is a damn shame.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, she is eating like crazy. Guess i'll plump her up and use it toward a trade for a pokie or other tarantula(s)

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She is FAT now :) 5 adult crix today. Now i'll feed her next week. Looks very health now and a large water dish to help too.