ID me please!!!!

falcotim

Arachnopeon
See the attached pic. There are a ton of these near my home just south of Tucson AZ. I can't figure out what it is! Tail looks too thick to be a bark scorpion, doesn't look like a H. arizonensis, and the tail looks too thin to be a stripe tail. But it is bark/stripe tailed sized, at about 2-2.5 inches from head to telson.

Thanks for the help. Not normally a scorpion guy but I'm really curious as to what it is.

Attachments

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm going to guess Vaejovis somthingorother.

It's claws aren't thin enough for HA in my opinion. Deffinatly not Centruroides.

John

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'd say Hoffmannius coahuilae (formerly Vaejovis coahuilae).

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It is not a Buthid (Centruroides) or a member of the family Caraboctonidae (Hadrurus), it is some type of Vaejovid, perhaps a species belonging to the former genus Vaejovis....no idea what species thought....

SandKing

Arachnosquire
its awesome for you guys to identify its family even its genus..how i wish i could guess it too.lol... iv'e only knew few scorps.lol

TheScorpionLord

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I agree, My first thought was it was a female Arizona Bark but the one thing in particular threw me off was the shape of the pediphalps ( the claw was to round of a shape for any centruroides sp.) however its more relative to the vaejovis sp.

It is not a Buthid (Centruroides) or a member of the family Caraboctonidae (Hadrurus), it is some type of Vaejovid, perhaps a species belonging to the former genus Vaejovis....no idea what species thought....