ID Confirmation (Emperor Scorpions)

iPocalyspe

Arachnopeon
Someone near me is selling a pair of Emperor Scorpions. Idk much about Emperor Scorpions so I'd appreciate anyone who does if they can confirm whether or not these are Emperor Scorpions.
Thank you,
Shane

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Someone near me is selling a pair of Emperor Scorpions. Idk much about Emperor Scorpions so I'd appreciate anyone who does if they can confirm whether or not these are Emperor Scorpions.
Thank you,
Shane
The images appear to be Pandinus imperator, but a more pressing concern is how dry the Enclosures appear to be.

RainierArachnids

Arachnopeon
Is that the only way to differentiate them?
If you have them imperator/dictator side by side you can see the differences between them there is a pronounced triangle behind the eyes on the imperator not much of one on the dictator but using the black light and checking the
trichobothria count is a pretty sure way of doing it ,getting them to cooperate is another story though. The photos you posted as others have mentioned look like P.imperator.

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
If you have them imperator/dictator side by side you can see the differences between them there is a pronounced triangle behind the eyes on the imperator not much of one on the dictator but using the black light and checking the
trichobothria count is a pretty sure way of doing it ,getting them to cooperate is another story though. The photos you posted as others have mentioned look like P.imperator.
That's cool. Once I get a black light I'll have to see what species I have.