I wish she would come out so I can see her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsshog40

Arachnopeon
My female Goliath molted a couple weeks ago now. She's eating fine but webbed herself up in her hideaway. I shine a little flashlight in there and check on her once in a while. She was a brownish color but she looks like she got really dark after her molt. I wish she would come out so I can get a picture of her. Guess I'll have to wait til she's ready. Lol

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
"Goliath?"

One thing new keepers have to adjust to is not seeing their spider for awhile lol

bsshog40

Arachnopeon
Yea, I know she'll come out after a while. She was pretty active before she molted.

"Goliath?"

One thing new keepers have to adjust to is not seeing their spider for awhile lol
Yes GOLIATH. A Theraphosa sp. I'm not so new I don't know what I'm talking about. I have 2 pythons, 3 T's and tiger salamander. And I've had others in the past of my 59 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Luka98

Arachnosquire
Yes GOLIATH. A Theraphosa sp. I'm not so new I don't know what I'm talking about. I have 2 pythons, 3 T's and tiger salamander. I've had others in the past. Why do some people think they know everything!!!!!!!
Because saying Goliath is pretty vague. Is it a T Stirmi or a T Blondi?

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
Yes GOLIATH. A Theraphosa sp. I'm not so new I don't know what I'm talking about. I have 2 pythons, 3 T's and tiger salamander. And I've had others in the past of my 59 years.
If you’re referring to your Ts by common names then you’re pretty new. Being new is not a bad thing so I’m unsure why you’re seeming so defensive at the term.

bsshog40

Arachnopeon
She's a blondi. And btw, what is soo wrong about calling a T what it is? I don't call my dog a Canis Lupus Familiaris either. Lol

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
She's a blondi. And btw, what is soo wrong about calling a T what it is? I don't call my dog a Canis Lupus Familiaris either. Lol
Because most Ts share common names, like red rumps for example. Calling them by scientific name to avoid confusion.

AnObeseHippo

Arachnoknight
No but I expect that you’d refer to its breed or what you think it is a mix of. Not just “lushious black hair”.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Oh yes, 6 pets definitely makes you an expert... my apologies :rolleyes:

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Get used to not seeing your goliath when it's in the molt process. My girls will seal off burrow entrance for numerous months at a time, yes months, so a few weeks is nothing to be worried about. Once they open burrow entrance you can begin feeding and they will resume eating like they never had food again.

Aleetist

Arachnosquire
True, but all dog breeds fall under the same species naming. ALL dogs are Canis Lupus Familiaris. There are 1000s of species, not breeds, of Ts. So your comparison doesn't really work.
I learned very quickly to disregard common names since so many of them have the same "Black Beauty" "Red Leg" "Bird Eater" "Goliath Bird Eater" It's important to know which species you are referring to, did someone label a Avicularia braunshauseni as a "Goliath" and sell it to you as such because the common name is Goliath Pink Toe? See how it starts to get confusing? People just want to know which exact spider so they can provide exact help :)

basin79

ArachnoGod
Get used to not seeing your goliath when it's in the molt process. My girls will seal off burrow entrance for numerous months at a time, yes months, so a few weeks is nothing to be worried about. Once they open burrow entrance you can begin feeding and they will resume eating like they never had food again.
Aye. My lass is the same. Seals herself in her burrow for weeks before her abdomen even turns black. Then it'll be a good month or so before I see her waiting for food.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Aye. My lass is the same. Seals herself in her burrow for weeks before her abdomen even turns black. Then it'll be a good month or so before I see her waiting for food.
Couldn't agree more buddy

bsshog40

Arachnopeon
Oh yes, 6 pets definitely makes you an expert... my apologies :rolleyes:
I definitely don't need your sarcasm. I'm 59 yrs old and don't need some wanna be internet bully telling me what I have experience in. If you don't have nothing informative to say, don't venture onto my threads!

Luka98

Arachnosquire
If you don't have nothing informative to say, don't venture onto my threads!
Experienced keepers are literally trying to give you some basic advice and you're acting like you're being attacked. If you aren't ready to be corrected and informed don't venture onto our forum!
Edit: Oops sorry sir i missed the part where you said you keep a tiger salamander i am very sorry about being rude to such an exotic animal connoisseur

Last edited:

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
If you don't have nothing informative to say, don't venture onto my threads!
How can you want to learn but you reject being corrected? Even long time tarantula keepers have something new to learn but doesn't act that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.